Cabin Air Filters

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I ordered a couple as well yesterday; and I just got the following text message from DHL:

DHL shipment #XXXXXXXX is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Can't sign for it? Leave signed note w/tracking # or visit http://www.dhl-usa.com/ondemand

They are very fast on delivery :)

Also I ordered a couple (different part number) for my Prius since these fit correctly; unlike a-lot of them for sale on eBay which don't fit correctly.

cpdude said:
Any updates?

Brian

I got mine in 3 days with free shipping. I left a note for DHL to leave them at my front door and they did. Everything worked out great.

You can order them here:

Cabin Filter » JS » AC304J
https://www.fitinpart.sg/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=29072

P.S. I just checked and it now says on orders over $50.

"Now FREE SHIPPING to USA CANADA AUSTRALIA on orders over $50"

For those located in Canada - watch out!
I ordered two for about twenty bucks with shipping, the package came by DHL in about a week, DHL demanded 2.74 in taxes plus they added a $10 'handling fee' and a $5 'brokerage fee', plus taxes on the fees, all together another twenty bucks!
I told them to take those back, they won't gauge me that easily.
Next day they made another delivery attempt, I wasn't home, wife paid the fees, I have two overpriced filters...

Bought 2 filter delivered here to Quebec, Canada
Totaled with all the fees and the taxes not to mention the exchange from Canadian dollars
17 Sept - $ 41.49 CAD

Was too afraid to ask the dealer what they charge.

I bought air filters for my Prius as well. So its pretty easy to get the free shipping for $50. I'm not surprised the made the $50 minimum for free shipping. I'm sure they loose money an any order less that that because of the shipping cost from Singapore.

had to buy 6 to get free shipping, that is a 5 year supply for me, unless I can sell some to others in the forum $15 pus shipping from Atlanta

Got one relatively cheap here, 20 € with slow shipping from Germany to Finland:

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00DQIM8EY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Would have ordered more, but it was the last one in stock.

Yes, I have a stockpile of new filters, although they don't appear to have the dark (charcoal filter or is it dirt?) coloration of the OEM.

Dumb question: if it is physically intact, wouldn't it be 'good enough' to blast a filter clean with an air hose or simply vacuum it clean and then put it back?

The grey stuff is activated carbon and if they don't have it then they don't benefit from the filtering properties of it.

I don't think cleaning will result in nearly as good filtering as a new part.

I own a 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage as well as a 2012 imiev es. I had ordered a cabin filter for my mirage a while ago and did a search for filter by sizes and they are both pretty close. I popped the mirage filter in my imiev and it fit almost perfect. No expensive or imported filter necessary. Mirage cabin filters can be had pretty cheap especially if you get the ones without charcoal.

I know there is a tread some place for the Cabin air filter, I just can't find it.

I wanted to share that a member on the i miev en francais ( In French)
facebook group posted....
He has found out that the i Miev cabin air filter & the Mirage filter are the same.
The price being 1/2 for the Mirage here in Canada.
I personally have not tried this to confirm.
Might save someone a few $s

:evil: :x

Sign me up for the next group purchase. Pulled my filter out last night and found that a mouse had been chewing on it. At least it was on the outside-facing side of the filter.

I was hoping to avoid needing to purchase a replacement at all, as this one is still clean, minus the holes.

FYI - These still appear to be available here:

Cabin Filter » JS » AC304J
https://www.fitinpart.sg/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=29072

I haven't checked other sources like Amazon or eBay yet, so you may want to look around for the best prices.

Back