Purchased today, on the way home :)

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mdbuilder said:
55K is impressive!
Plus the 22K he put on the iMiEV he traded in on Mr Bean means he has probably more useful iMiEV experience than any of us here . . . .

Don

So, today I took it back to the dealer to look at the clanking A/C :roll: , seems to be the oft cited broken bracket. It stayed at the dealer and I motored home in an Outlander loaner.

The trip over in the morning started with 67 miles on the meter and 69 miles to travel, the first half of which is more energy intensive with 50 and 55 mph country road single laners. You kind of have to do the limit to be nice. Stopped midway at the only charge point on the route and charged for 61 minutes adding 12 miles. Pulled in to the dealer with 2 flashing bars and 7 miles remaining...

mdbuilder said:
...Stopped midway at the only charge point on the route and charged for 61 minutes adding 12 miles. Pulled in to the dealer with 2 flashing bars and 7 miles remaining...
Perfect timing!

Hope the bracket fixes everything - if not, at least you're on record as having had them address the issue.

JoeS said:
mdbuilder said:
...Stopped midway at the only charge point on the route and charged for 61 minutes adding 12 miles. Pulled in to the dealer with 2 flashing bars and 7 miles remaining...
Perfect timing!

Hope the bracket fixes everything - if not, at least you're on record as having had them address the issue.

I believe they will wind up changing the compressor as well. I dropped tge plastic cover and put my hand on the thing as it ran, felt a rotating metallic rubbing which does not seem right to me!

Anyway, I asked the service writer and was told they were removing the dangling parts and would not evaluate it until they were on the bench. OK, guess I can buy that. Was not much more than an hour between the car going in the bay and me departing in a loaner...

Back in town and off to retrieve the Miev. Turns out they replaced bracket and bushings only, seems to work and not make a racket now :) . Spent 45 minutes at the midway charger for +8 miles of range and made it back with no bars and 2 miles on the meter <g>. Spent quite a while @ 60-65 until the RR and distance to go merged, then I slowed down to 50'ish and let a truck and a few cars pass...

Another month, another 750 miles :D . I noticed on my credit card's spending analyzer I had not been to the pump for the past month. Alas, on Sunday it was time to put 11 gallons in the van. The van gets used on the weekend to transport toys 20 miles to the local model airfield and back, so another 250 miles on that one.

Today was a 77 mile day. Started off with 67 miles on the RR @ around 9:30 with my normal Sunday am rounds totaling 15 miles, took my son out for 20 miles and 40 minutes worth of driving practice, then off to work for a few hours.

Arriving back home with 51 miles driven and 16 remaining on the RR. I plugged it in for a bit over 2 hours before hopping in again, RR up to 48, drove another 26 miles and arrived back home with 17 on the RR. Only brief shots of a/c needed a few times, nice weather :D

Just over 3 months of ownership, I'm right at 3,000 miles driven.

Made a deal on a blue 2014 last week and drove 2200 miles over the week-end to pick it up, in Florida. It was well worth the trip, as the car is a "cream-puff". It appears to hardly have been used at all. It was an early 2014 that didn't arrive with the cast aluminum wheels. If anyone has the originals for sale please let me know.

2012 Sliver w/ 42K
2014 Blue w/ 7500
2015 Gray Toyota Prius C
2003 Green Toyota MR2 Spyder

jeffcarroll78s2 said:
Made a deal on a blue 2014 last week and drove 2200 miles over the week-end to pick it up, in Florida....
Wow, Ohio to Florida - that's dedication! Nice that you have a toy hauler. Glad you found a nice one (for a good price?) and am surprised it didn't have alloy wheels. Hope it serves you well. BTW, you might update your Profile to let everyone know where you are:
http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3196

We drove 1700 miles round trip to Indianapolis to pick up our second one - I agree it's certainly worth the trip for the 'right' car at the right price. Two weeks ago we made an 800 mile round trip to Georgia to pick up our new Ford Transit Connect. We got 'super deals' (IMO) on both of them, so it's a happy excursion to go bring them home

Don

I purchased mine approx. 3 weeks ago. It had 36 on the RR and I needed to go 48 miles. Not knowing how much I could "eek" out of it I opted to go to a local Mitsu dealer and charge up to full.
3.5 hrs later I was charged and went home. This is my 3rd ev and it usually takes a couple weeks of driving before I figure out just how much I can push it. I will usually have a couple aggressive driving days along with a couple days of hypermiling to see what my numbers are.
After that I settle in and just drive the thing. I pretty much stick to the odo and batt charge meter.

Congratulations...I recently purchased my Miev with 12K miles...2012...and love it so far. I must say I am thrilled to see the level of consistency in these posts!
RL

rlyonaz said:
...I recently purchased my Miev with 12K miles...2012...and love it so far...
RL, thank you for your comment, congratulations and welcome to the forum! You might update your profile to let us know where in the world you are -
http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3196

Wishing you many happy smiling EV miles for years to come!

Figured I would check in on my original thread and do an update. After 2.5 years of ownership I am about to rollover 30k on the odo, so about 18k of miles driven. No further issues with the a/c. The only other maintenance has been a tire change, shame the Yoko's were the only economical replacements as they do seem to have cut the range by 10% or so. Only other maintenance has been a few washer fluid refills :).

Oh yes, a Mitsubishi dealer has opened locally which makes things easier if I do need mechanical attention.

Back