Any I Witnesses?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw a white i-Miev this afternoon and chatted with the owner, Michael, who has enjoyed the car as much as we do. It's a 2012 ES. He is not a member, so we emailed him the forum link.

Rather than "witnessing", we were "witnessed" by TEVA member "EVJerry" Asher (a Leaf owner) who was kind enough to introduce himself to us (me, my wife and kids) while we were charging at the Ikea Blink station in Tempe. He passed on another TEVA contact, i-Miev member Benjamin Nead and asked us to contact him. He was rather surprised that we already knew him from this forum!

In any event, best regards to Benjamin from us and EVJerry!

Benjamin, please let him know that we "made contact". :D

Went shopping at Festival Foods in Janesville, WI this afternoon. Imagine my surprise to be charging next to another white i-Miev! It had the blue decals... the owner, Dan and his wife, Connie and I had quite a long talk.
They were not aware of this forum, so I gave him the info. By the way he has 48000 miles and hasn't noticed any range degradation. It was a 2012 SE with all the bells and whistles like mine. They were not aware of EVSE upgrade either. Hopefully they will find this site...awesome to see another i-Miev in the wild!

Not sure if it counts, but at the NDEW event I met and chatted with another i-MiEV owner. He had a white ES like mine. I let him know about this forum, but not sure if he'll join.

He apparently has mistaken the blue/white SE I spotted before as me (noting that I don't have plug decals on the side of Bear, and Koorz has never been north of Pittsburgh).

This makes 3 other i-MiEVs I'm aware of in my area (2 white and a blue/white, but as far as I can tell, I still own the only two i-MiEVs in my county :lol: ).

(Never did hear from the driver of the blue/white SE I left my card on.)

Saw my first "in the wild" ImiEV in Toronto on Bathurst St. between Lawrence and Wilson during a bad winter storm.

We waved in passing. His car was white as is mine. It would have been nice if it had been possible to stop and chat.

I spotted a 3rd white i-MiEV in Cranberry yesterday while on a drive in the Bolt.

Together with a Black SE I spotted a couple months ago, this makes 5 other i-MiEVs that I know of in the Pittsburgh area.

3 white
1 white/blue
1 black

Ever see a couple of grownups in a Tesla go berserk? There we were yesterday, pulling out of the Tesla Supercharger in the town of Mount Shasta way up in Northern California, when a white/blue i-MiEV rolls by! What an unlikely place for an i-MiEV, as the closest larger town is Yreka (about 35 miles away but has no charging stations), and this is way up in the Siskiyou mountain region below beautiful Mount Shasta - not what you might call an urban environment. Checking PlugShare, I see that the town's medical center has four J1772 outlets, but that's it for public charging until you go 75 miles up and over the mountains into Ashland, Oregon, or back down the hill 60 miles into Redding. We debated chasing the i-MiEV, but figured we might be mistaken for crazed flatlanders. Anyway, an i-MiEV sighting in a most unlikely spot. :!:

Ran into a white i-MIEV while charging at IKEA in Toronto. We chatted a bit and even got some tips while waiting for my charge to finish.

Just got back from a trip to Iceland last week, while there spotted 2 different i-Mievs on the road. They have 100 percent renewable electricity with hydro, geo-thermal and wind.....

Had not seen one in the wild for a couple years.

Kevin

Saw a blue i-MiEV at W&J College last night :D . I'd like to know how they got a 2014/2016 i-MiEV in this area. I don't know of any dealers that re-stocked after selling their 2012 inventory.

Saw this iMiev pic today in a Cleantechnica article on Ecotricity charging and wondered if it belonged to a forum member?

https://www.google.com/search?q=ecotricity+charging&prmd=nisv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjLz76Bg_ThAhXrhFQKHf34BFsQ_AUoAnoECA4QAg#imgrc=_3wP7jX2s913uM

Haven't seen the blue I-MiEV in town lately, although I did discover a silver I-MiEV that the owner works down the street from me. Been trying to get his attention and have him stop by on his way through.

There is another i-MiEV floating around Los Altos Hills: black with one wide green stripe. Wife saw it again yesterday on Altamont Road. Anyone here? That would make three in our little community...

IIRC, the original owner was Wee John, but I can't find the post about the stripe, so perhaps it was someone else.

This is an essential paint job for any Mario fan:
qW1j0BZtPV8F01LwSmZc76T3M-xOHecIp4TgnSQRV_o.jpg

Hello everyone!

Living in Little Rock Arkansas, I have yet to see a single other i-MiEV other than mine, Which is a 2016 model that I had to purchase from Florida and have it trucked here and delivered, and it still gets a lot of comments from people when I park it at the office or at the market.

Some people have made fun of the shape on the Internet but I still think it’s a very forward thinking shape for its time, and I have nothing but good things to say about the car.

I only bought it this year as a used car with 9000 miles on it from the Mitsubishi dealer in Florida, and I have had it since right before the pandemic. Even though I still have my full-size luxury sedan in the garage and I have a large four-door truck for towing an RV, I have only driven this vehicle exclusively as a daily driver. It has been a joy to drive and not buying gasoline has been refreshing.

With my daily commute to work only being a few miles each way, whether it’s cold and I have to run the heat full blast or whether it’s warm and I crank up the air conditioning, I have no trouble with the car and I have no concern about range since I can charge it as soon as I notice the bars are closer to the lower point on the indicator. I normally charge it every 4 to 5 days. And after installing the 10 1/2 inch touchscreen android-based audio system with full Alexa integration it gives me that little touch of technology that I want. So at this point I have no desire to buy a $45,000 Tesla LOL.

When I first bought this car earlier this year, especially as a used vehicle, I was nervous at first however when Mitsubishi explained the amount of time I still have on the battery warranty and now in real time use having seen how reliable this vehicle is and never having any issues I just can’t say enough good things about it. I wish more people drove his vehicle and it’s sad that they’re going to completely stop manufacturing them worldwide now.

Also I cannot express enough how thankful I was to come across this owners forum, it has been a breath of fresh air and people have been extremely nice and helpful. What a great community and nice bunch of folks.

I hope you are all staying safe and healthy during the pandemic and I wish everyone the absolute best of everything.

Warmest regards,

Michael Campellone

Michael, delighted the i-MiEV has been working well for you. In looking at the charging infrastructure around Little Rock, I'm saddened to see that DCFC stations are simply too far apart for you to be able to take longer daily excursions in your i-MiEV.
mcampellone said:
... Even though I still have my full-size luxury sedan in the garage and I have a large four-door truck for towing an RV...
Hmm, depending on the size of your RV, a Tesla Model Y with trailer hitch might be able to replace both of these... :roll: :p

Take care, and have a good winter.

Back