Admin: Unable to Access this Site

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The site's been running pretty well for a while, but I have noticed over the last few days that it wouldn't respond when clicking a link or refreshing the page, and a couple of times I have gotten an error message about the site being unreachable.

Considering the massive holiday internet traffic, the site stayed pretty stable through it.

Thanks guys, should be fixed now but if it happens again, please let me know via this:

http://www.myelectriccarforums.com/contact-us/
(it's on a different server so should will work if the forum is unreachable)

Mike

I've been having issues getting the forum to respond most of the day yesterday. It just came back to life for me, but based on some recent post timestamps, other members have had continued access. I wonder if it was a DNS/routing issue with certain ISPs. I've tried through both AT&T and Comcast and the site was unresponsive until a couple of minutes ago.

The web panel software (Parallels Plesk) decided to auto-update Saturday morning. It errored out and caused 99.6% CPU usage until I fixed it this morning. In theory I guess one or two people could slowly get access to the site, but when I tried I was unable to.

The recent forum access issues haven't gone unnoticed. We also share a server with the myBMWi3 forum which is how I check to see if it's a server issue. No, us moderators have no magic solution to fix the problem other than sending an email to our Administrator in case he doesn't know already that there's an issue. Thank you all for being patient...

JoeS said:
The recent forum access issues haven't gone unnoticed. We also share a server with the myBMWi3 forum which is how I check to see if it's a server issue. No, us moderators have no magic solution to fix the problem other than sending an email to our Administrator in case he doesn't know already that there's an issue. Thank you all for being patient...

If you remember when the site went down, please let me know.
Trying to narrow down the cause

About a week ago there was a server upgrade, but that would've only been a one-time issue...

admin said:

About a week ago there was a server upgrade, but that would've only been a one-time issue...

Maybe check the logs? Should be pretty obvious when the last page was served before the site went offline.

TobyGadd said:
admin said:

Maybe check the logs? Should be pretty obvious when the last page was served before the site went offline.

Thanks for the idea! More specifically, I mean:

a) Did it go down more than once?
b) Did it actually go down, or was it just slow to load?

I am only aware of the one outage a week ago when the server was updated, and the logs don't show anything significant other than at that time....

So, the logs don't show anything at all? That's weird for sure. I would expect to see at least a notable reduction of pages being served at some point(s), otherwise people probably wouldn't be complaining. What tool are you using to run the analysis?

Hadn't been able to access this forum for the past day, and the feedback I just received is: "...turns out the server update
caused an issue ... had to change PHP versions...". Nice to see us back 'on the air' again.

Back