I just put these on today. (spring spacers)

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obrother

attachment.php

I just put these on my miev. I originally put them on my 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage and they worked great. They really helped the suspension feel more like a normal car. I put on size "D" that I ordered from aliexpress. You have to make sure that you order the red ones the clear ones can be alot softer. It makes the car feel more planted and less body roll especially on the highway with a crosswind. The body roll seems less and it seems like it happens slower. It's alot easier to whip the car around into turns and makes you feel more confident about the capabilities of the car on the roand and on the highway. It seems like these are a good alternative to lowering springs. Lowering springs are stiffer which is what the car needs but lowering can have a negative effect on the drive line and reduce clearance for snow in winter. One thing... I put size d but in the fronts with nobody in the car I can still move the spacers by hand meaning it might need a thicker spacer. Probably size C for the fronts. I put C's on the back of my Mirage but they were too thick so maybe one day I will swap them and report back. I'm no expert on the right sizing for the miev so if anyone wants them its up to you to decide and measure. All I know is that the money was well spend and really makes the miev drive like a "real" car. D's work fine but C's might be better.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/VIVI-2Pcs-Car-Auto-Shock-Absorber-Spring-Bumper-Power-Cushion-Buffer-Rubber-Buffer-Shock-Absorption-Protective/32641689680.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.67.5ud0WM

I order them with faster shipping. I find that will Aliexpress paying a little more for shipping is worth it.

Actually like most ... it sounds like I want a Tesla.
This is a cheap and easy improvement to the miev suspension. Its not worth putting more money into the car even if the parts were available. More money spent in the future will be for, if ever, a range extension. I will be doing the parking heater mod(already have the parts) and that's probably it... and the heater is a type of range extender. Just wish there was something for the a/c side of things like a separate battery for the compressor. I put a rear sway bar on my Mirage but it might not have been necessary. I did it before I found the spring spacers/cushions. And I don't think anyone makes a bolt on sway bar for the rear of the miev.

Back