Any I Witnesses?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to Cars.com to see if the 2016 'Miev was still available from Mark Mitsubishi (their Scottsdale location). It wasn't, so I emailed a sales rep who informed me that they sold it. So, someone in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area is driving around in a new 2016 'Miev (Silver).

My wife spotted a pure white I-Miev in our neighborhood this morning. She thought I was driving it :)
Another day we spotted a different pure white I-Miev (vehicle purchased from a dealership in San Raferal).
So far we have spotted 4 I-Miev in the city of San Francisco.

I had been commuting with Gregg the meev to Ann Arbor (actually Ypsilanti) from Kalamazoo this past week helping my brother in law after his surgery. I was hoping for charging near the hospital as I would be there several hours a day. Conveniently, charging was located at Washtenaw Community College across from the hospital. On my 4th commute in I had to rub my eyes and double check when I went to charge. I saw my first meev other than mine!! I wish I had taken a photo. I left a note saying I'd love to talk to the owner, but in Michigan, that is a suspicious way to contact people. ...I'm embarassed to say, I don't remember the color. I think it was white.

I've asked the Ann Arbor Mitsu dealer to connect me with Michigan drivers in the past and he promised to, but I've never heard a whisper. I was worried all the i-imiev's were shipped out of state. But I just saw proof!!

Check to see if they posted a "Check In" on Plugshare. Then you can send them a message through Plugshare. I have done this with several iMiev owners here in Phoenix with no problem.

There are two other i-MiEVs in the area that I know of, but have yet to see them, even after nearly three years.

There was one driver I met at a meet not too long after buying Bear. The only i-MiEV I truly saw in the wild was a Raspberry ES parked at a Bob Evan's in Erie, PA.

While in New Caledonia and Australia, I was miffed at not having seen one single EV on the road; :cry: however, while in Brisbane and using good 'ol PlugShare, I found the one and only garage in the CBD that has EV charging - and saw an i-MiEV! :D I had tried contacting offgridQLD (on this forum) for a possible meetup, but was unsuccessful in reaching him. The other vehicle charging was a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, and lurking in the background was a red RHD Tesla.
When I came back again to the garage on a Monday midmorning, the entire charging area was deserted. :cry:

EVParkBrisbane.jpg

Finally spotted a white/blue SE near Pittsburgh! Too bad I'm the only active forum member in this area that I know of. Now I just need to find that black one. :lol:

Nick's iMiev and Electrovan:

8uOVrI1

At his home charging station:

Nicholas's Home Charger
http://api.plugshare.com/view/location/66129

I was baffled last sunday when I turned onto the main road and see a white Citroen C zero come towards us from the other direction. Since there are just 150 or so Citroen C zero cars in the Netherlands it was rare to see one so far out. There are also 130 Mitsubishi i's and 130 Peugeot Ions. So in all it's a pretty rare car to spot in the wild with about a 150 in total.

The car was unstickered, which likely means it's a private ownership instead of a company car or lease. That makes sense too, since most lease terms are 3 or 5 years. So 2010 cars are now going to private ownership.

Spotted a blue/white i-MiEV at Eaton yesterday. Apparently the owner works there. I think this is the same car I saw a few weeks ago.

I left him my card, a asking him to send me an email as we both drive i-MiEVs.

I saw a white I-miev with the blue hood and the electric plug decal along the sides sitting outside the Oakland Library today around noon. I know it's not 3 but hey, I don't see too many other i-mievs around here. :mrgreen:

Nice. Judging by the door sash color, that is a 2014 or newer (only the blue/white 2012 had black instead of body color). Hmm, white door sashes make the vent shades stand out more vs. the black.

Door ding protector is a Mitsubishi OEM accessory.

you know your resale value is getting low if you happen upon this in the wild...

btw- the "compress photo" option in MS Office worked much easier than other options I tried for reformatting the photo.

JMy9-ifGEEX7cVllbMed7LFsS-d7CdsxJS7FyY7vqFc

I finally saw my first i-MiEV in the wild today! That is, in my own town, and not at a Mitsubishi dealer (or near an electric charger... although I haven't actually seen those, either, except in pictures on PlugShare). A blue one. We met at an intersection. I didn't have time to stop or anything, but I waved. I'm not sure they saw me. :)

Back