Tesla Model 3

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandange

A lot of hype for the Model 3 as we approach the unveiling date

This is one of the first affordable new generation Evs we are considering as a replacement for the i Miev for the near future

We will be at Tesla store on Ferrier street in Montreal, Quebec , on the 31 0f March
and place our reservation deposit on the M3.
We believe in and want to support Tesla and Elon
but I will not give Tesla a blank check

Buy the time the M3 will be available, I estimate near 2 years
here in Canada for the base model
I believe our I Miev will have & be ready to be replaced.
140,000 km (87,000 Miles)

If I sign the final contract or not will depend on several details.

If the government subsidization will still be available.

The look & feel of the car,

Delivery dates

The price of the car in Canadian dollars on the date of signing the final contract.
We paid 35,000 Canadian dollars for our first i Miev in 2012
The Canadian American currency exchange rate could be a key factor.

My personal finances at the time of deliveries

A lot of variable and time delays
but an exciting possibility to look forward to

just curious to the reasons you wouldn't consider the Chevy Bolt ? beside being slightly more expensive (US$ 2500)

That's a good question
As for my way of thinking

The vehicle aside
I want to support the struggling new comer in the Automobile industry .
Tesla &
Elon who believed & said there is a better way with automobiles and energy management & put it all on the line to bring Ev's to the mainstream .
The efficiency, the environmental reasons & the practicality.
And proved it with the Model S.
This now has other automobile giants scrambling & forced them to get cracking and start to get innovative .
I'll get off of the soap box now.

As for the car
I believe Tesla 's got it figured out
the vehicle size
the technology
& the price

Why the Model 3 instead of the Bolt? The single reason that does it for me is the fact that Tesla is still the only EV manufacturer to use the full J1772 spec. By that, the S and X are the only vehicles that will charge at 19.2 kW on 240 volts AC.

The Bolt will take 9 hours to fully recharge on level 2. By comparison, a Model S 90D will fully recharge in 5 hours and go 100 miles further. Granted, a moot point 99% of the time, but you know people are going to try day tripping in these gen2 cars.

The deciding factor will be how the 3 looks and compares physically. I like the design on the Bolt (mini station wagon like the i-MiEV), but I am really excited to see how the 3 looks.

Thanks PV1, I learned something new about the J1772. Indeed I am planning to take long trips with the Bolt or T3. I believe the Bolt will have QCDC, though there are fewer stations. I finally test drove an S, what a fine automobile. There is rumor of a P100D S. The AWD is a really nice option, which the Bolt really should have.

There is also the timing issue, the Bolt is scheduled for end of 2016 availability. Who knows when Tesla can deliver the T3. Either way, I am eagerly waiting for the T3 announcement. I think I need to add more solar panels on my roof.

I think I got am email about the date coming.
Then read that PRODUCTION will be LATE 2017, so I am guessing that the car will not be on the ground till Late 2018
:(

Yup, lotsa excitement and a fun time to play the stock. I originally bought TSLA about a month after the IPO for $19.45..... but only rolled the dice on 20 shares!!! :roll: I'm betting that there's going to be lots of volatility for the next few years till Model III is in steady production, with rewards for the patient investor. I haven't decided yet whether to bother with a reservation or not. Oughtta at least put in an online vote of confidence.

Nah, just wait. I want one, but the 'i' is fine for now. Will wait till I can get the 3 with out any hassles

Two tents poped up last night at our Montreal Tesla Store
The excitement is building up here

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/show-us-your-tents.66651/page-2

1459293780171-jpg.169128

sandange, There was a post from Tesla on my FB page about some people that were now in line waiting yesterday :)
Must be a wee bit cold eh?

It was pretty cold last night.
I dropped by the Tesla store this afternoon and talked with some of the folks who had camped out there last night. They were pretty enthusiastic.
The had a frosty night , but it warmed up nicely with the sun today.
The staff at Tesla was very friendly and offering them hot coffee and breaks indoors out of the cold when they needed.

Latest picture I saw around 7 pm there were more people lined up.
A dedicated bunch of people
Sounds like they were having a party.. well fun at the least

These bones are too old to handle the cold temperatures - sooooo
we opted to brave the early wet hours Thursday morning

20160331_081222_zps7rxjdwzs.jpg

Got there at 6:15 am and were number 78 in line
20160331_081219_zpsemlelotu.jpg

They opened the store at 9 am and we were done by 10:30
tesla-taxi-line%20up%20pic_zpseetjut2a.jpg

This picture taken by a Montreal member of the TMC forum
The line went all the way down to Descarie blvd
Did I mention it was wet

Very cool!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I won't spoil what the car looks like for those that would like to watch the unveil, but it's not simply a mini Model S. Also, 115,000+ reservations so far.

(Edit, not 150,000 as of the unveil, but I'm sure it's over that now.)

I watched the unveil tonight. Nice car. Everyone there looked like they had a good time. I believe they were all invited Model S owners. Elon asked if there were any Roadster owners there and a few raised their hands. They started off with videos of the Roadster, Model S, Model X, and the new battery factory which is now in production. Then finally the Model 3 itself. Three of them in fact. As with the S there will be different option levels available but all of them with have self driving hardware so a software upgrade could give a Model 3 some self driving features if it doesn't already. Afterwards members of the audience were given test rides (but didn't show that part) and Elon himself said they had 115k reservations already.

Back