Canion

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried that just now. Unpaired everything, pressed the button on the OBDLink and paired it in Android, but still not getting any data updated in Canion. I haven't found anything about allowing the device to receive data. Checked all the settings I could find.

On the bottom right corner it continuously cycles through "service started" then "init seq started", then "commande ATSP6", flashing "connection successful" in the middle of the screen each time.

i took my LX apart to check it just to be sure it was the real thing and not a fake, but you may just want to send yours back and buy one directly from scantool.com or find someone local to you with a miev and try in a different car.

I bought mine direct from Amazon Prime, and it came in the sealed packaging, so it's definitely not fake. Trying it in another car is not likely - AFAIK my iMiev is the only one within a 70 mile radius. Thanks kiev for trying to help, I do appreciate it.

Where's the Canion developer? Are you here on this forum? Please help?

Hey John maybe one more idea. i bought the cheapest android phone at walmart, $19 ZTE Zinger to use with my LX, and it does run canion. Maybe your android gps stereo just doesn't have the right setup for canion. You could use one of your lifelines and phone a friend--get a friend to try running it on their phone, or pick up a cheap phone/tablet off craigslist, etc. to try something different and get it to work.

on my setup, LX + Galaxy4, the ignition key has to be on for the LX to transmit. And the pairing is lost if I run CaniOn before turning on the ignition key, in which case i have to re-link

@johnr:

Are you certain you got an original oblink lx?

Could you please show a picture...

If you are trying to use a cheap elm327 clone, no surprise: It will NEVER work with canion...

Xavier

Welcome to the forum.

Both the OBDLink MX and LX will work. I personally have the MX, which is generally reliable. I don't know how the LX performs vs. the MX.

Agora já não vou ser o mais distante de tudo e de todos. À distância muita coisa pode parecer irreal. A partir de hoje vou ter aqui alguém que pode ver com os seus próprios olhos. Welcome ICEM4N.

Malm said:
Agora já não vou ser o mais distante de tudo e de todos. À distância muita coisa pode parecer irreal. A partir de hoje vou ter aqui alguém que pode ver com os seus próprios olhos. Welcome ICEM4N.

Hi Malm
I need an obd before my car arrives.
Still checking what's better for peugeot.
My friend has an elm327 but looks like it's too slow according some users.
So I think I must buy LX.....

The OBDLink MX is available in two different models. There is an all black unit that is bluetooth (this is what I have), and there is a red unit that is WiFi.

I'm not sure what the difference is between the LX and MX Bluetooth.

i have the green LX and it works great on my blueteeth, just make sure you get a real one and not the fake ones such as some being sold on ebay.

mixmike6 said:
So just to be sure before I buy, the OBDLink LX Bluetooth works fine?
Why is it so much cheaper than the MX ?

LX bluetooth vs MX bluetooth have similar descriptions but I saw this on the site I've ordered mine:

"Consider purchasing OBDLink MX if you need access to the proprietary Ford & GM vehicle networks (Ford MSC and GMLAN) in addition to the standard OBD-II protocols."

So it must have to do with some protocols for Ford and GM which I think are irrelevant to us ;)

I've bought my LX Bluetooth here http://www.obd2.ca/products/obdlink-lx/ and it works great on my 2012 Canadian i-Miev... :cool:

I too have the LX, cheaper. I have only had a few issues, but I think the issues are with my Phone, not the dongle.

I did have to change the settings to not list everything and it seems to have helped.
I still get a few glitches of lag or it not connecting to my phone, but like I said it is a phone issue.

For reliable operation, I had to disable Cockpit, Maps, and Trip Viewer. Maps and Trip viewer were causing issues on my dated hardware, and Cockpit was clogging my Bluetooth pipe.

Out of curiousity, would Canion run on an Amazon HD Fire?

It does have a fork of Android, so it seems that it would be a maybe.

Canion still not working for me. This is the exact same OBDlink LX that I purchased: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H9S71LW
The Canion developer thinks that I might have another OBD-II app installed on the tablet that's interfering, but if that's the case I have no idea if I do and how to remove it. Any suggestions how I might check and make sure any interfering apps are disabled?

i've never seen this statement before, but the amazon device from your link has this:

"Works on all 1996+ cars and light trucks sold in the USA (except hybrid or electric vehicles)."

Maybe the newer LX devices have changed something internally, i have a 2014 version which works great. i have some of the canion features that i don't use turned off to reduce the data rate.

What does the black label on the bottom have listed for your device? Mine has

Rev: 1.2/R4 Mfr: 2014.12.15
contains FCC ID: X3ZBTMOD4

Back