Any I Witnesses?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've only ever seen one downtown before I bought mine.
Since then I've seen a million and one Smart cars, 50 Volts and at least 20 Leafs. Even a neighbor of mine has a Leaf and I live in the outskirts of town.
Sheesh! where are you guys?? I kinda like the rarity I'll admit.

I saw a purple one driving past Chipotle's in Phoenix not too long ago.

I do know of one in Tucson.

Either of you watch this site?

Before I purchased my Diamond White I-Miev, I saw 2 different I-Miev 2 days in a row in San Francisco. 1 White/Blue and 1 Raspberry (I have spotted the Raspberry one before).

I live in Marietta, Georgia near Atlanta. I have seen one or two I-MiEVs on the road. The original poster is right that they are rare to be seen. I normally see Nissan Leafs everyday. From time to time I see a Tesla. I see Sparks, but I don't know if they are EVs or not. I always feel that my I-MiEV is unique. I bought mine at CarMax.

prodigious1one, thank you for your post. At this point in history, we are realizing that we are driving a unique and rare vehicle. Always fun to see another one and wave madly, just as in the early days of true sports cars. Seeing an old Citroen or Saab elicits a thumbs-up to their drivers from me. Conversely, whereas Tesla Roadsters usually give my i-MiEV a thumbs-up, Model S drivers are clueless.

prodigious1one said:
I see Sparks, but I don't know if they are EVs or not. I always feel that my I-MiEV is unique.
The gas model Chevy Spark looks like this:
2013_chevrolet_spark_4dr-hatchback_2lt_fq_oem_10_300.jpg

The electric Spark looks like this:
2014-chevrolet-spark-ev-first-drive-review-car-and-driver-photo-525147-s-429x262.jpg

Yes, the i-MiEV is definitely unique. It's a small car that isn't so small.

prodigious1one said:
I live in Marietta, Georgia near Atlanta. I see Sparks, but I don't know if they are EVs or not.

Very doubtful that you've ever seen any Spark EV's in Georgia. The Spark EV is a compliance car that's only sold in California and Oregon, and just now coming to Maryland. Although it's not impossible because someone that really wanted one could have bought a new one and had it shipped to Georgia, or a used dealer could purchase one at auction and sell it in Georgia. Not impossible, just unlikely!

I see more Tesla's around here than any other EV. Two tonight at the chargers in Lexington. The transport driver called today and my new 2016 blue i-MiEV arrives on Monday (!!!!!!)

I agree, there are PLENTY of Tesla's around this area alone.

I went to Mitsu dealer in Wilmington yesterday, he said that there is another 'i' here, he thought Lexington.
:)
Said he thought it was White in color. I will have to keep my eyes peeled

I've seen a few i-MiEVs in the wild here in the Chicagoland area. Even my parents were able to spot one right after purchasing mine. I agree it's exciting to see others on the road. I've even met one actual owner and chatted with him for an hour right before I made my i-MiEV purchase. That was a cool experience and I'm always on the loom out for i's.

David in the wild:
1. White ES (met owner)
2. White/blue SE
3. White ES (had dealership paper plates, appeared to be on a test drive)
4. Silver

Parents in the wild:
1. Raspberry

Tesla and LEAF are very common, I see them almost daily and multiple times at best.

rkarl89203 said:
I've seen the other Imiev here in Rockford ONCE...but that's it....

Today I saw another I-MiEV being driven for the first time. It also happened in Rockford and was a white with blue model. It appears the owner had it brought up from Texas when moving. So it would appear there are three in Rockford now.

I spotted a blue i across from Paradise Valley mall late this afternoon.

We drove by to say hello, but the owner wasn't around.

;-)

Took my family for a road trip from San Francisco to Portland for the past week. On our way home we stopped by a Target store in Medford, Oregon and we saw a pure white I-Miev in the parking lot :)

kitkit said:
...On our way home we stopped by a Target store in Medford, Oregon and we saw a pure white I-Miev in the parking lot :)
That might have been acensor on this forum. There is also an i-MiEV on a used car lot up there (my wife is presently in Medford caring for her parents while her brother is out of town) and I'm trying to get her to convince her brother to make a really low-ball offer...:roll:

jray3 said:
tis my i, but look at this photo and tell me which car is a better design, and which gets more attention?
Naturally, the first car is beautifully proportioned whereas the one on the right is a mean-looking chunk of metal with a sawed-off aft end. :twisted: Look how much more-effectively the i-MiEV utilizes the volume (and it's both shorter and narrower than that other thing).

PS. How much was the ticket for parking in front of the fire hydrant? :roll:

Back