Admin: Unable to Access this Site

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was a long outage, compared to the others.

Mike (admin), PM me if I can be of any help with the server. We just acquired a used server at work and don't really have a use for it.

Kia site gave me this today "Resource Limit Is Reached The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later. "

Egolf was really slow to load.

Wonder if they all have a similar server. Just checked Spark EV site and got same as Kia.
Maybe it is me

My Nissan LEAF has seemed to have been working regardless of this site. I thought I heard it was on another server. Myelectriccarforums.com goes down with myimiev.com.

I wonder if they were doing work on the server, as this site was down most of the day yesterday.

:mrgreen: Oh thank gawd it is back !
Thought I would DIE without having my daily fix !
All day..I tried here and there. Made me sad :cry:

The last email I got said that Admin can tell when the site is down. It was unclear whether or not there is active work, but the tone of the email suggested it.

I couldn't get on at all yesterday.

Hi Everyone,

Yes, we can tell when the site is slow, and we've determined what the problem is.

Without getting too technical, we are on a 'shared server' so resources are shared with other sites, and it appears the host doesn't actually have as much memory available for our site as they claimed they did. This causes a huge bottleneck during busy times on the site, and causes the site to 'go down'.

The only solution is to move the site to a different hosting company, so we are currently setting up the new server with a different company, and are working to get it ready as soon as we can.

In the meantime, the slow-downs etc are just something we have to deal with....
Sorry!

Mike

Are we up now on a new server ?

Could there be a mass emailing when things get moved or are down ?

Anyone got a web site they can post here (and we can save the addy) to give us info on what is happening ?

I so missed it here, and have forgotten what I wanted to post on last week ;)

Hopefully I don't jinx it, but the site seems to have been pretty responsive over the last couple of hours and has been there each time I've tried to access it.

I'm not sure about the server status, as the IP address appears to be the same as it was before. Doing a reverse lookup, myimiev.com seems to be the only site hosted on the current server, even though myelectriccarforums.com returns the same address as myimiev.com when pinging the site.

Electricvehiclewiki.com and mynissanleaf.com are both hosted on a single, separate server.

Given that we were down nearly all weekend, it makes sense to me that the migration was done during this timeframe (coming from my own IT experience).

Wow, I'm sorry I left this thread alone for so long - I lost track of it...

We have the new server set up and we are in the process of moving the larger sites. That will help this site speed up on the current server as less sites are on it, and then when we move it to the new server it will be even better.

Thanks for your patience, I know it's been painful!

PV1 said:
I'm not sure about the server status, as the IP address appears to be the same as it was before. Doing a reverse lookup, myimiev.com seems to be the only site hosted on the current server, even though myelectriccarforums.com returns the same address as myimiev.com when pinging the site.

Electricvehiclewiki.com and mynissanleaf.com are both hosted on a single, separate server.
Good sleuthing, you're correct. Although as of yesterday, myelectriccarforums.com is hosted on the new server, and that's where mynissanleaf.com is moving later today.

PV1 said:
Given that we were down nearly all weekend, it makes sense to me that the migration was done during this timeframe (coming from my own IT experience).
Nope, sorry, this site isn't on the new server yet. This site being down most of the weekend is just because the current host/server sucks.

Back