Any success for Miev at an Eaton Chademo?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiev

There is a local DC fast charger available downtown, Fountain Circle Eaton Chademo.

It seems to work for the nissan leaves, but always trips out the internal breaker whenever i have tried to charge. i think it was donated by the nissan dealer--but do the Eaton chargers maybe not like little meves?

Has anyone else had failure at an Eaton dcfq-- and ever get it resolved?

Reading thru the miev-CAN threads it appears that chademo may be on a separate bus, if so i wonder if that is related to any problems?

Talking with a local startup playing with CHAdeMO, it seems that neither the Leaf nor the i-MiEV strictly conform to the official CHAdeMO standard, but in different areas. The only avenue we have is to complain to the station owner that the EVSE does not work with our cars! Funny, as Eaton was the 'recommended' EVSE supplier by Mitsubishi for our i-MiEV.

I've never had any issues with Eaton products and charging. Signet units, I've had issues.

Anybody in your area have an i-MiEV or a Tesla with the CHAdeMO adapter? How does it work for them?

The i-MiEV is the poster car for Eaton units on their website.

Someone should change the meter sign to 1 hr limit and PARKING WHILE CHARGING ONLY

I would be miffed if I was having to rely on this QC when there is not another one around.

I liked the posting from someone let another charge because they had enough juice :)

tigger19687 said:
Someone should change the meter sign to 1 hr limit and PARKING WHILE CHARGING ONLY
I would be miffed if I was having to rely on this QC when there is not another one around.
I liked the posting from someone let another charge because they had enough juice :)
In California, you are only allowed to park at a public EV charging station if you are plugged in. Common courtesy around here is to never plug in at a public charging station unless you really HAVE to.

JoeS said:
tigger19687 said:
In California, you are only allowed to park at a public EV charging station if you are plugged in. Common courtesy around here is to never plug in at a public charging station unless you really HAVE to.[/quote

Right, and I would think that would be a "Common Rule" all over. Including all signs. But maybe it isn't everywhere. I think here in MA the ones I have seen say while charging.
only one says 15 min parking/ EV charging

Back