EMU light come on when I plug my charger

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

transportmdx

Hi, I have a problem with my Imiev. I let it stored for a month and last week I drove it with no issues. But when I plugged my charger in the I miev, the red indicator in the dash start to flash normally, but a few seconds after that, the yellow EMU light come ON and charging stop. There are any one had the same issue in the past? Thanks for your help!

I already try another charger.

Sorry to hear. A few question, if I may -

1. At what battery gauge level did you store the car?
2. If left fully charged, was it left plugged into an active EVSE?
3. How much have you driven it after storage (i.e., miles or bars)?
4. At what temperatures was the car stored?

Whereabouts are you located, as perhaps one of our forum members with CaniOn might be able to check your pack voltages?

Hi JoeS and thanks for your reply!!

I stored the car in my heated garage with the battery charged around 50%. It was not plugged in at time of storage. I drove very little, maybe 20 miles since I took it out from storage. I live in Trois-Rivieres Québec.

Thanks for your help!! The battery pack has always been very reliable since I own the car for now more than a year. Actually the car has 5800 miles and I don't think it's the battery pack, but not sure.

Have a nice day!

transportmdx, you certainly did very nicely for the battery by storing at 50% charge, and I don't know what the issue might be since you tried two different EVSEs - was one at 120vac and the other at 240vac? Presumably you're presently sitting at around 4 bars. Sorry, I don't know what to suggest as disconnecting the 12v battery and then reconnecting it might disturb some troubleshooting information the dealer might need (I'm speculating). Anyone else?

Thanks JoeS for your reply. I already disconnect the 12v battery and that change nothing. I have a OBD2 reader, I will scan it tomsee if there any code. Thanks!

Sounds like your charger has an issue. Easiest thing to do is have the dealer look at it.

Check your fuses and make sure they are good.

Thanks Sandage! I think it'a good idea to try a fast charger! I'm close to one, I will go to plug it in. Thanks!

sorry to revive that thread ;) but I'm curious to know if transportmdx succeeded in charging his i-miev?? ... and what was the issue?

Hi SyCo, finally the Mitsubishi dealer in Albany NY replace the main drive battery pack. I bought the car in US and the warranty is not honored in Canada, so I pull the car to this dealer, Goldstein Mitsubishi and they help me with the problem. And now everything work like new! Have a nice day!! :D

transportmdx said:
...the Mitsubishi dealer in Albany NY replace the main drive battery pack...
Wow! transportmdx, thank you for the answer, and glad that Mitsubishi resolved it for you under warranty. This is a situation where CaniOn would have been invaluable in helping pinpoint the cause.

transportmdx said:
Hi SyCo, finally the Mitsubishi dealer in Albany NY replace the main drive battery pack. I bought the car in US and the warranty is not honored in Canada, so I pull the car to this dealer, Goldstein Mitsubishi and they help me with the problem. And now everything work like new! Have a nice day!! :D
Good et merci pour les details... at least you were still covered in the US but with a some hassle to bring the i-Miev there. It's still a bit weird at what caused the failure. I suppose it was a defect. Anyhow, thank you for the update ;)

Back