Love seeing this

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mixmike6

Couldn't help myself from sharing this. Forgot to take a pic of the trip meter which read 166KM !!!
I hope I can keep this kind of range for a while :D :D :D

Very impressive!

161 km = 100 miles

My personal best

90 miles RR = 144.8 km RR. That was pretty much spot on. I drove 46 miles on just over half a charge.

Very nice!

You're near the 'record' of 174 km/108 miles done here by a couple of people

http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=329

It's an artificially generated number and not really reflective of how far you can actually go - If you can begin with a full charge at the top of a mountain and then recharge down in the valley 200 kms later, you could probably set a new all time record ;-)

Don

Thanks!
I drive pretty carefully but living in a big city there's just so much I can do to keep my "RPM" at it's lowest.
Still impressed though with my 160KM range considering the route I take every day to work has moderate traffic, highways and of course rushy Quebecers that tailgate me and thus preventing me from keeping a steady speed. I wonder how much range would be if I'd manage to drive to work and back while keeping the speed constant and below the ECO sign... This car is gonna drive me nuts ! :roll: :lol:

Don said:
If you can begin with a full charge at the top of a mountain and then recharge down in the valley 200 kms later, you could probably set a new all time record ;-)
Our best, 98 miles RR, was achieved exactly in this way. We were camping, driving down some pretty big hills for the last portion of our drive. After charging up, the iMiev calculated that at that same rate of consumption, we could have driven 98 miles on a full charge.

But, on that trip, where we stretched the iMiev pretty well, we didn't have any single leg more than 60 miles. Do we have a thread somewhere of longest trip on a single charge? I guess there should be "point to point" and "round-trip" categories for this, since, as Don says, alohart could start at the top of Haleakala with a full charge (assuming he could get one up there) and kick the snot out of any of the rest of our single point to point trip distances.

danpatgal said:
Do we have a thread somewhere of longest trip on a single charge?
Two or three I think. http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2291&p=18162&hilit=longest+trip+on+a+single+charge#p18162
This was the most recent one

Don

mixmike6 said:
... I wonder how much range would be if I'd manage to drive to work and back while keeping the speed constant and below the ECO sign... This car is gonna drive me nuts ! :roll: :lol:
MixMike6, that's a very good RR number! We have a number of related threads dealing with iMiEV "records":

Maximum Miles Driven in One Day

Maximum Range Remaining

Maximum Miles Driven on One Charge

Minimum Range Remaining after Full Charge

Few of us would attempt the Maximum Miles Driven on One Charge record because of the adverse impact it might have on the battery.

Back