Canion

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Malm said:
But it can deplete de 12V battery within some days, and then the car will refuse to star, i think. When the car is not "on" or charging, it only uses the 12V battery and don't charge it. If the 12V battery is depleted, you have to use another 12 V battery or other device, to star the car, and then all will work fine.
If we can trust Andy, it's not the case. His reader is primarily intended for ICE vehicles, so in the manual it's meant auxiliary 12V battery.

Another owner that has lost blindness. You reiterate what i have said, fantastic and crashing. Now with file nomaps.txt, nocockpit.txt,... not crashing so many times.

Barbagris sees it charging to 100% in a full charge. Mine varies from 95.5% to 99.5%. What about yours?

My battery hits 100% and keeps on going for a few minutes. Only one time I found it at 99% after preheating in 5 degree F weather, level 2 at 13 amps. I don't know if it stopped there, or if preheat pulled it down.

Last charge, this night, was 98% SoC. 13,28 kW.h from 26% to full. Not bad, not bad at all.

fqyd.png

I remember Malm put a screen of its battery near their limits. The other day I took a screenshot with mine in a low state of charge, and do not understand the differences.

Malm:

Malm said:
rm9i.png

When i took this screenshot, the car went "dead". No response to accelerator pedal. Lights and radio keep working, but the car doesn´t move. I think that's because cell 73 reached 2,75 V. When a cell reach 2,75 V it's over. Turtle only appeared 1 second before it stops. But between 96% SoC (the maximum i can get normally) and 14.5%, the car behaves like new. Because i think we can never use the last 5% of the battery, maybe my degradation can be calculated by [(100-96) + (14,5-5) =13,5%. In Portugal, Nissan Leaf from 2011 all have at least 14% of degradation. In an I-MiEV the degradation is only noted at very low values of SoC.

Not good news. The problem is not a cell, the problem is that every cell degradation goes at different rates. Replace one cell, two cells, will not improve much. Different temperatures in the pack can have a role in this heterogeneous degradation, and in a country like Portugal, with summer days whose temperatures reach 40º C, this effect is more pronounced, i think.

Mine:

1e06f3db1f132d97b56f9a2d2e20aa28o.png

Both images show a SoC similar (14.5% for Malm, 17% for me). Both show an RR of 8 kms. Both are stopped, spending identical 0.7 A.

But Malm totaled 262 volts and I 326, Malm has its cells between 3,290 V and 2,755, I have them between 3,720 and 3,695.

Does it seem normal? It seems strange for me...

My i-MiEV sometimes give me 5% of SoC, sometimes takes. That 14,5% SoC where not real, it had clearly less then 14,5% of SoC. I-MiEV doesn't know how to calculate is SoC accurately, that´s the true (when it has 5 to 10% battery degradation).

These are screenshot's from a day that i think it was correct in it's SoC.

15r0.png

pqxz.png

Don't seems the same i-MiEV, but is the same i-MiEV. And i know how to be at 14,5% in the limits (not near the limits, at 14,5% SoC, that time, it refuses to start), and how to go as you all to 5,5% with turtle. I already told here my blanket theory. To go to 5,5%, just have to keep it covering the feet. Bars of the i-MiEV will always value the same, no matter is age. One of this days, with an i-MiEV that has 5 to 10% battery degradation, i will show that i can make more miles then you all with the 16 (7,5% SoC) bar. Many times going to Coimbra, 35 miles from my house, using less then 20% of SoC, only the two final bars. When talking about hipermiling, i´m the one.

Malm said:
My i-MiEV sometimes give me 5% of SoC, sometimes takes. That 14,5% SoC where not real, it had clearly less then 14,5% of SoC. I-MiEV doesn't know how to calculate is SoC accurately, that´s the true.
We had already discussed the questionable accuracy of the Amps readings, and perhaps we should devise a controlled test to help Martin and Xavier tune Amps better?

I am confused as to which parameters are calculated by CaniOn and which ones are read directly from the iMiEV CAN bus. Xavier, perhaps a little bit of an explanation?

BTW, if we could perhaps have this thread focus on CaniOn itself, and discuss battery reading interpretations on this thread: CaniOn Battery Readings

Bonsoir,
The data (used in canion) coming from passive observation are:

Volts
Amps (we know this one is not accurate at low values & when charging)
SoC
Speed (KM/H)
RR (Remaining Range in KM)
Odo (Odometer in KM)
RPM
Battcell V
BattCell T (°C)
AccPedal ( % )
AmpL (Amps when charging)
VoltL (Volts when charging)
Lights/blinker etc ....
VIN (not visible in Canion yet)

ALL these data are exactly the same as what we get from the service tool from Peugeot and are confirmed using MUT3...

the others are calculated, and IMHO are exact, using integration for instance to calc WH/KM.
but, of course if the Amps are not exact......

What I would like to add:
CCL & DCL (they exist in the service tool , unit is KW)
remaining battery's capacity : for instance, mine, last time I tested with the service tool , was around 14.8 KWH (officially 16KWH).

Just for your info:
when I started canion in august/september 2012, I could not imagine to use more than 100fps within one program, today we use 410fps...
also, there were these very nice improvements made by Martin to navigate between nice screens.
Nothing is for free (but canion) and I am not really surprised when I read problems of stability on smaller android devices.

Xavier

ps: @BarbeGrise, je compte sur toi pour commenter / détailler ce qui est écrit ci-dessus :mrgreen:

If it helps to understand, when i stopped with 14,5% of SoC the car showed one bar (like canion). It stops when it has one bar left. When it happens, i will not see the turtle, i will not see ---. But when i don't let him change SoC 5% up when i stop after charging, then it will go to turtle. Telling strange things to you all, i know. I´m the only one who has 5 to 10% battery degradation, i´m the only one that sees his i-MiEV charging only to 95,5% SoC frequently, in three/four years many of you will see this too. Coming from the future.

"What I would like to add: remaining battery's capacity : for instance, mine, last time I tested with the service tool , was around 14.8 KWH (officially 16KWH)." That's the one i'm looking for.

Xavier (priusfan), thank you very much for detailing the parameters presently used/generated by CaniOn.

Since my wife has glommed onto (archaic American expression) my iMiEV. I have had very little time with the car to play with CaniOn. One of the readings that struck me as a possible discrepancy is the maximum current: when I measured the current going into the controller using a Hall-effect current probe, the most I saw was around 154 amps. The maximum reading I've seen using CaniOn was around 175 amps.

Perhaps a number of us can tackle this by clamping onto one of the battery I/O wires and then making a table comparing CaniOn with our readings? Any suggestions as to the easiest-to-access point?

For example, here's a photo of where I clamped onto the Controller input: http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2857#p2857

Xavier said "14.8 KWH (officially 16KWH)". Less 7,5%. Xavier, how old and how many miles has your Ion? Do you saw that value going down with time? Do you see also 5% variations of SoC? and it charges to 100% SoC or less as mine? And what do you think about the bars, don´t they are calculated just from the SoC, and don't they value always the same, even if our car is 3 years old?

Maybe someone like you can show that what i'm seeing in my i-MiEV is not from my imagination.

Bonjour,
I do not use much the elecric car: my wife uses it all the time....
the odo is around 9000kms.

Regarding the amps: if we can log from canion and from a clamp (at the same time),
and get enough data, it will be easy to adapt the rules....

I think the capacity of a new imiev is 15.2 kwh

Priusfan

It would be wonderful if the imiev calculated battery capacity and you could display that.

Btw I am running with cockpit and map disabled much smoother. Great job....

Don.....

Back