2013 Mitsubishi I Suggestions

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
olagon said:
You can do this now. I was able to attach two different car seats and position in the middle.
Guess my child's car seat is a little different. Correction: I CAN put it there, but the child seat doesn't fit flush to the back of the seat. There is a gap that concerns me. The child seat, in an accident, could slide up over the hinge, loosening the straps. (My child is <1 year old, so she sits rear-facing. The seat might fit better in the middle when she can face forward.)

My Top Two:

Control over the AVAS warning sound: option to make it louder and extend to higher speeds.

A battery temperature readout.

Does anyone want to actually communicate with Mitsubishi corporate?

U.S. vehicles questions can be emailed to: [email protected]

It is not thrilling that it is a "call center" but maybe someone will care.

Heh, noooo.

It is a little unincorporated, unorganized, settlement of about 100 folks in the foothills outside Walla Walla. The word itself is a native word that means cold clear water.

I emailed Mitsu North America. I'll let you know what happens, if anything.

So I sent Mitsu N.A. an email, suggesting strongly that the AVAS get an approved upgrade that dealers could perform, to allow louder sounds and sounds at higher speeds.

Here is their reply in its entirety:

Subject: Reply to your email sent to Mitsubishi Motors

Our Reference: Service Request Number: 1-239914674
Prod Inq/Design
Date Opened : 7/22/2013 02:48:12 PM

Dear Richard Son:
Thank you for your recent email to the Mitsubishi Motors Customer Relations Call Center regarding your comments and suggestions for improved audible warning systems in the Mitsubishi iMiEV.

We certainly appreciate the time taken to share your concerns regarding our vehicles and as you may be well aware, the Mitsubishi iMiEV is equipped with an Acoustic vehicle alerting system (AVAS) which activates under certain conditions alerting people who may not hear your vehicle approaching as explained on page 3-38 of the Owner’s Manual. Nevertheless, we recognize your suggestions for the types of advances that may enhance this safety feature.

You may be assured that we welcome constructive suggestions from individuals such as yourself and that careful consideration of the impressions and recommendations of the consumer plays a vital role in our efforts to improve our product mix of vehicles.

Mitsubishi Motors thanks you again for contacting our office and sharing your thoughts, and if we can be of further assistance feel free to contact a Customer Relations Representative at (888) 648-7820 Monday-Friday between 7AM-4PM Pacific Standard Time.

Sincerely,

Customer Relations Department

Ah, customer relations. Very polite.

Overall I really enjoy driving the i-MiEV but I really want:

From a stop, instant full torque acceleration without delay. Make it a sport mode so everyone is happy. Currently I have to anticipate the programmed in delays. The delays and slow starting acceleration is less safe when crossing the road with lots of traffic.

More regen power, without delay, all the way to 1 MPH, only for sport mode.

Back