Cross Country EV caravan - Ride the Future Tour

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benswing

A group of EV drivers will be crossing the country starting in Charleston, SC on July 4th and finishing at Google HQ in Mountain View, CA. We'll break the Guinness World record for distance traveled in an electric car, electric motorcycle, electric scooter and electric-assist bicycle. We will be throwing town parties in 43 cities and towns across the US and would love to meet up with local EV drivers!

Our town parties will highlight electric vehicles, so it would be great to have local EV drivers meet up with us. You can follow along with the tour at http://RideTheFutureTour.com or http://www.facebook.com/ridethefuturetour . We plan to arrive in each city in the afternoon and have the party that evening around 6-10pm.

Hope to see you on the road! These are the dates we will be arriving in each city:
3-Jul - Charleston, SC
4-Jul - Columbia, SC
5-Jul - Greenville, SC
6-Jul - Athens, SC
7-Jul - Atlanta, GA
8-Jul - Calhoun, GA
9-Jul - Chatannooga, TN
10-Jul - McMinnville, TN
11-Jul - Nashville, TN
12-Jul - Natchez Trace State Park
13-Jul - Whiteville, TN
14-Jul - Memphis, TN
15-Jul - Brinckley, AR
16-Jul - Little Rock, AR
17-Jul - Oden, AR
18-Jul - Ft. Smith, AR
19-Jul - Henryetta, OK
20-Jul - Oklahoma City, OK
21-Jul - Clinton, OK
22-Jul - Shamrock, TX
23-Jul - Amarillo, TX
24-Jul - Tucumcari, NM
25-Jul - Las Vegas, NM
26-Jul - Santa Fe, NM
27-Jul - Albuquerque, NM
28-Jul - Grants, NM
29-Jul - Sanders, AZ
30-Jul - Winslow, AZ
31-Aug - Flagstaff, AZ
1-Aug - Grand Canyon
2-Aug - Seligman, AZ
3-Aug - Kingman, AZ
4-Aug - Las Vegas, NV
5-Aug - Baker, CA
6-Aug - Barstow, CA
7-Aug - Big Bear Lake, CA
8-Aug - Corona, CA
9-Aug - Newport Beach, CA
10-Aug - Santa Monica, CA
11-Aug - Santa Barbara, CA
12-Aug - San Luis Obispo, CA
13-Aug - Big Sur, CA
14-Aug - Sunset State Beach, CA
15-Aug - San Gregorio, CA
16-Aug - Google Headquarters, Mountain View, CA

* If you live in Northern California, you can ride with us from San Gregorio, up to the Golden Gate Bridge, then back down to Stanford and finally to Google HQ. The whole day will involve about 94mi of driving, and we plan to recharge during a stop at FIsherman's Wharf.

Here's a quick update on our progress across the country in all electric vehicles. Oklahoma turned out to be an exciting state to visit these past couple of days.

Went noodling for the first time and caught a 40-45 lb catfish! Noodling is fishing by finding a hole, putting your hand blindly into it and grabbing the fish by the mouth. It was awesome!
969740_764216811308_418038474_n.jpg

On the leg to OK City we stopped by Moore to help clean up after the Tornado wreckage. We saw stretches of town that were several miles long that were completely leveled by the tornado. Not even trees were there because they had been uprooted. We picked up rubble on the property where a house used to stand and found children's books, a shoe, a shirt and other things that showed people lived there recently. Even though the tornado hit 2 months ago (to the day), there is a massive amount of work to do. Just wanted to do my part.

If you can spare some change and donate to https://servemoore.com/give/, I would really appreciate it. I saw their operation firsthand and they are a well organized group of volunteers.

Here I am next to the wheelbarrow and pile of rubble we removed from the property so the family can rebuild.
73359_296778323801014_2041204643_n.jpg

Back