Our iMiEV Nicknames and What Has the iMiEV Been Called

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeS

Staff member
OK, now for some fun -

We named ours Mitsi

Bystanders have called it cute, funky...

Wife thinks it's beguiling

I think of our iMiEV simply as a reliable utilitarian workhorse

MotorTrend called it a speedy urban warrier

Worst review description I've seen is Egg in High Heels

Anyone else?

OMG Joe,
That idea of an egg in heels reminds me of an old sailboat racing rival's mascot. Richard Berry of New Orleans rendered a smiling sperm on roller skates, complete with top hat, cane, and of course, tails... as the mascot for his boat, the BIG J. I've gotta see if he's willing to share...that... image. :lol:

We bought our Miev on the day that Obama declared, "There is no silver bullet for the high gas prices". Being silver-colored, we named it the Silver Bullet. Turn-out the name is very appropriate....

With the immediate difficulty trying to explain the model name ("i?" "i-Meev?" "Meev?" etc), I pretty quickly nicknamed our whatever-it's-called "Igor"- pronounced like Marty Feldman's hunchback character in "Young Frankenstein:" EYE-gor.

Rich

JoeS said:
Worst review description I've seen is Egg in High Heels

Anyone else?

In a recent syndicated review, Terry Box of McClatchy Tribune News Service called the i-MiEV "a vehicle that looks like a cross between a tipsy French police car and a giant computer mouse."

That's pretty tough.

nt2w said:
Terry Box of McClatchy Tribune News Service called the i-MiEV "a vehicle that looks like a cross between a tipsy French police car and a giant computer mouse."

which brings to mind "i-mouse"....

I've used "The Silver Slipper", but that nickname hasn't really rooted yet...

Recently saw an article stating that the correct pronunciation of MiEV is "my E.V.", which works until you add the i up front...

Our dog understands the names of our vehicles ... as in, "Let's go for a ride in Car!" and he runs to the appropriate vehicle.

Our Ford Escape Hybrid is named "Dirby(h)" ... as in hybrid spelled backward. So "Go for ride in the Dirby" results in dog running to the Ford.

For lack of a better name (calling it "meeve" seemed weird), we call the "i" Car ... "go for ride in Car" causes dog to run to the "i".

We don't have a cute name for the car yet but I thought R2D2 would be kinda nice. It hit me when I was in the garage and it started doing it's thing while charging.

you know:

eeeeee whir whir whir. pump pump gurgle gurgle..... plot plot fizz fizz.....

You get the point.

Don..... :D

BTW In one week of ownership I have had nothing but smiles great comments.....

Wee John, I hope you don't mind me ripping your name:

"Buy BEANO before there'll BEANO gas!"

(a spin on the popular Bean-o gas relief pills, "Take Bean-o before, and there'll bean-o gas!")

Certainly beats "i like 112 MPGe". Maybe we'll have to compile a list of neat phrases and send it to Mitsubishi.

I was thinking about my car this morning while I was waiting for my son's school bus to arrive.

'The Black i' - came to mind. "Hey, I got a Black i from Mitsubishi! Anyone want to see it?"

Maybe not the best name.

Back