FYI, Seattle Airport EV charging Stations

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon

My friend told me that they had just installed EV charging stations on the 5th floor of the SEATAC parking garage. It just so happens that I needed to pick up the wife so I figured that I would go a little early and plug in the car. THE SEATAC CHARGING STATIONS CONSIST OF A 120V OUTLET!!! I was so used to charging stations with the J1772 plug that I quit carrying my little charger. Luckily it only took 7 bars to reach the airport, otherwise I could have been up the creek!

Jon, glad you got home ok. PlugShare shows that they're Level 1 at the airport, but at the Airport Hilton there are two Blinks (presumably Level 2) that someone paid $10 for six hours of parking/charging.

JoeS said:
. . . . the Airport Hilton there are two Blinks (presumably Level 2) that someone paid $10 for six hours of parking/charging.
Wow!

$10 for a full, 75 mile charge which I think we can safely assume was 15Kw or less, or about $2 worth of electricity . Just goes to show that driving an EV isn't always the cheapest way to go, huh? - Driving an ICE powered car to the Hilton would probably have saved him/her some money

Don

Well.....I didn't get to charge at the airport and I lost my $3.00/hr parking stub. I saw a stub on the ground by my car and took it, assuming it was mine. then got charged $9.00 for 30 min. I would have come out ahead using the Hilton! :oops:

As soon as I get my level 2 charger working I'll get my factory one rewoked to pull 13amps and then it will become a permanent fixture in my i.

Jon said:
As soon as I get my level 2 charger working I'll get my factory one rewoked to pull 13amps and then it will become a permanent fixture in my i.
I did that with mine . . . . now I'm looking for some place to keep it in the car without taking up any of the cargo space behind the rear seats. - I checked and there's virtually no room under the hood where we could store a sealed bag or something. If you find any place at all that works, share it here please

Don

Back