Quick question please regarding parts?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcampellone

Good morning friends!

I apologize if this has been asked on countless of occasions, but I honestly DID try and use the search feature to look through older posts, and I just could not find what I was looking for, so I am hoping that someone here may be able to help...

My i-MiEV is a US model 2016 ES, and there are a few trim pieces that THE IDIOTIC, MORONIC, RIDICULOUS STUPID Dent Doctor BROKE when lifting a small dent on the roof of my car, which happened apparently in shipping the car from Florida to me here in Arkansas. When removing the headliner they completely broke both clips in the front that hold up the headliner and hold the sun visors in place, and then they broke some of the small headliner retaining push-clips in the back over the hatchback entry.

I was LIVID of course - my car was pristine, and I had used them many many times on much more expensive cars with perfect results. I have learned... perhaps the dent wasn't worth fixing, but you know how that goes... "I" knew it was there.... LOL!

SO, I have been search high and low (and I will even gladly buy whatever is needed) to find an OEM Parts Manual for this car. I know that some of these things may need to be ordered from Japan, etc. but when I search online (and I have been searching for almost a week now) I always come up short, or I come up with multiple part numbers for the same thing.

Does anyone know where I can buy/access/subscribe to an OEM parts manual for this car, so that I can see proper tear-downs and OEM parts that I can reorder correctly? I would appreciate very much any information you have, and as always I thank you very much in advance for your help!

Warmest regards,

Michael

Most clips that hold interior pieces together can be bought from a NAPA store. They have a HUGE book which has one example of literally several hundred different clips. You can either take in the broken pieces of the clip you need, or better yet, find an unbroken one to take with you and let them go through the book until you find an exact match. Most NAPA stores have much of what's in the book in stock right in the store, but even if they had to order you a pack of them (you can never buy just one . . . . . they come in packs of 4 or 5) they could probably get you some much sooner than your Mitsu dealer and I'm sure they'd be cheaper too!

Good luck!!

Don

A few years ago my wife borrowed 'my' i-MiEV and had a garage support column jump out and brush the right front fender, dislodging it and shearing a few plastic clips holding it in place. Long story short, I purchased some minor special-purpose parts very inexpensively and the source has a partial IPB (illustrated Parts Breakdown) on their website. See this thread for details -

http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3004

Back