Removing armrest plastic top driver side

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bodvar

I need to replace or refurbish the silver colored plastic armrest top (driver´s side with all the buttons) as it has become scratched and ugly. I see that there is an older post describing this as a problem. Is it possible to remove and replace this plastic piece without removing the whole door panel (which I am reluctant to do myself)?

I don’t believe so. Fortunately, the i-MiEV door trim comes out rather easily and without clips breaking.

There should be a thread detailing removing the trim.

Yea the door panels are easy to remove - 5 minute job and nothing breaks. I'm going to remove mine soon in order to install new plastic over top of the window buttons so that when I leave the windows cracked in the summer the rain doesn't pool in the window switches like it used to and short them out.

I'll do a video of it and post it later.

Here is a nicer solution to water getting inside: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/For-Mitsubishi-i-MiEV-Hb-5d-2009-Window-Visors-Sun-Rain-Guard-Vent-Deflectors/182492855996?fits=Model%3Ai-MiEV%7CMake%3AMitsubishi&hash=item2a7d6bfebc:g:svsAAOSwq4tfhtNU

Good idea, however, it's $80 and for someone tall like me, I would not want those blocking my view or even feeling like they were "in the way" of my view...plus they look kind of funny to me on the car.

Back