Will a hot, humid climate like Louisiana be something to worry about if I get an iMiEV?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HerbieII

My daily commute is about 26 miles but most errands I run I only about 3-5 miles at most so the i-MiEV range is just fine. Though I am concerned about the lack of a liquid cooling system and whether the car will suffer in the Louisiana climate as a result. Plan on keeping any EV I buy for a long time so I would prefer to avoid buying a car with plans to get rid of it in the future due to battery degradation. Figured I would ask you guys and hopefully hear from someone who lives in a similar climate.

On a side note, not sure if anyone else has noticed this about the iMiev because I have not seen it mentioned once yet people talked about the same thing with Mazdas. In between the fog lights there's a curved grille that gives the iMiEV a cute smile so it looks like it's full of joy no matter what's happening.

I have two of them in Biloxi and haven't had any concerns at all with our local climate. Actually, iMiEV's do a bit better in warm climates than they do in cold climates because the air conditioning is much more efficient than the heating system. Battery degradation has been pretty minimal on both cars

We bought our first one brand new in May of 2012 and then picked up a second one a couple years later when cars began coming off leases. Each car has required one set of tires and one set of wiper blades since we got them . . . . and that's it. These are the most maintenance free cars you've ever seen

Don

Back