Good deal on Yoko 175/60R15s

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctromley

It's time for new rear tires. I looked through the (36 page!) thread on tires and wheels to make sure I wanted the Yokos. (Thanks for the advice, JoeS!) They are quite comparable to the original Dunlop Enasaves, except that they are about 10% less efficient. I can deal with that, especially since they're typically a lot cheaper. (Tire Rack seems to be the only place to buy the Dunlops, at around $156 each.)

So I was searching around for the Yokos, which are discontinued but still available at resellers, and found this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-New-Yokohama-Avid-Envigor-175-60r15-Tires-1756015-175-60-15-/263395685885

It's the Ebay store for SimpleTire, and they're selling pairs for $178, only $89 each, free shipping to continental US. They have one pair left as this is written. I suspect the 175/60R15 is a very slow mover. It might even be that it only fits our cars, else why sell them in pairs instead of sets of four? So they're doing an Ebay clearance to make room for inventory that moves.

Hi Ctromley,

Will the seller give you the date of manufacture?
Even without use, tires age, and if these came off the line five years ago they may or may not be so great.

If you go with them, please let us know how they do for you.

Thanks and good health, Weogo

I have good news and bad news.

My 2-tire shipment came as two separate packages, one of which arrived yesterday. (Hopefully the other arrives today.) That tire is dated the 24th week of 2018, not bad. The bad news is that I just looked at the link where I bought them, and the price has been increased to $236 (per pair, or $118 each), about the same as everyone else is selling them.

So, never mind....

https://autoplicity.com/12057563-ac...3128275&utm_content=cl3:tire and wheel > tire

Here's the Achillles ATR Sport 175/60R15 that I'm running on the rear. I wasn't completely happy with the wet traction until I had the tires siped (Razor cuts across the tread). They're definitely not as efficient as the EnaSaves, but claim to be LRR with a high silicone compound, are quiet and wearing well.
Can't go wrong at $47 apiece if hypermiling isn't your highest priority...

Back