Recommendations for new brake pads/shoes/rotors/drums?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobbW

Hey, all! Been awhile since I've posted here. Mostly because I haven't been the primary driver of our i-MiEV (Meepster) for a couple years. My wife has been driving the i while I have been using our Pacifica Hybrid to commute to/from work.

Lately, the brakes have been making that scraping/squealing warning sound indicating it's time to replace them. Since our Meepster is 6+ years old now, and the brakes get used so little that the hardware is rusting, I figured I'd go ahead and just replace all the hardware (e.g. shoes, pads, drums, and rotors). Does anyone have recommendations for brand names I should consider? I tried searching online at all my local auto parts stores, but no one carries parts for the i-MiEV. So, I'm going to order on Amazon. I simply don't know enough about car parts to know what are good quality brake parts, or if it really even matters on the i-MiEV since the brakes don't get used as much.

Thanks!

You may be the first one on this forum to do a brake job - I drove a Supra for 135K miles, then gave it to my son and he drove it for 30K miles and it still had the factory brakes on it when he sold it . . . . and it didn't have regenerative braking - I'm counting on the iMiEV brakes being good for at least 250K

I doubt you'll be able to shop around for different brands - You'll probably have to buy whatever parts you can find . . . . or, order OEM parts from Mitsu. There can't be too much call for iMiEV brake parts. They didn't sell very many of them and I suspect most of them will still have factory brakes on them when they end up in the bone yards

Don

Hi Robb,

How many miles on it?

Am guessing you have some rust/dirt buildup.
A good shop may be able to disassemble all brake parts, clean, scuff up pads, re-assemble,
and eliminate the noise you are hearing.

Thanks and good health, Weogo

Hi,

I had to replace my front pads and rotors early last year. I ended up getting the parts from rockauto. One snag is my car is a 2012 and for 2012 rockauto doesn't list the iMiev. But they do list the 2014. I took a chance and the rotors and pads fit the 2012 perfectly.

I ordered the following parts:
Brake pads: CENTRIC 10516580
Rotor: RAYBESTOS 981038

So far so good with this setup.

Justin

Back