Help issue 2012 ES AC and brackets broken

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marathonor

Hi,
My friend has a 2012 ES (Canada quebec) with around 100K km. 8 months ago the charger broke and he had to pay 5000$ CAD to replace it. Now the car refuse to charge and my friend drove it to a Mitsu dealer. Conclusion : AC and AC brackets are broken and they ask for 6000$ CAD to fix it. The dealer asked Mitsu to pay for the repair but Mitsubishi refused. I recommended the dealer to unplug the AC in order to the car to charge and to be driven but Quick chrge are now impossible as it's requires AC to cool the pack.
Any idea to have the car repaired without paying 6K ? Any pressure possible on Mitsubishi ? Any idea is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Do you have any more details? Pictures? What brackets are broken and what else is wrong with the AC?

Broken A/C brackets and an inop A/C was an issue here for one of our longtime members quite some time ago, IIRC. Don't remember what the fix was, but it's happened before . . . . think maybe it was a Canadian car too

Don

Back