Removing side graphics?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjm1219

i2ZGSgDrmRaxuTCM7

I'm thinking of removing side graphics/decals from my car. I don't think my picture is showing up on this forum. I have a white car with blue hood/hatch and imiev decals on the lower door

Is there any reason not to? Effect resale value, adhesive residue, faded paint.

I'm thinking of wrapping my blue areas and the roof with a different color and the decals will look out of place being blue.

Any thoughts?

I'd worry a bit about the paint not matching, but they should come off without too much trouble. Wonder if anyone on the forum would be interested in them? :idea:

What's kind of funny is I have the opposite car, a silver i-MiEV with the side graphics added to it :lol: .

PV1 said:
I'd worry a bit about the paint not matching, but they should come off without too much trouble. Wonder if anyone on the forum would be interested in them?

What's kind of funny is I have the opposite car, a silver i-MiEV with the side graphics added to it :lol: .

I doubt I could remove them in a way to be reused. I'm hoping that because it's white the paint shouldn't really be faded but who knows. The paint it's in pretty good shape.

Silver car sounds nice. Want to trade? I'm not a huge fan of the two tone on my. Kind of looks like it was repaired with mis matching panels. I could paint the blue parts white but having a all white car sounds boring.

Thinking of changing the blue to Black as well as a black roof. Might help get some heat in the car in the winter

I've always liked the look of the blue door graphic with the plug on the white car. In fact for a while I was looking to replace my silver car with a white one with the graphic. At one point early on in my IMIEV ownership I tried to get that graphic (different color) for my silver car but it was discontinued.
Stay charged my friend

The sticker informs the police.
Parking only for electric vehicles, another car is prohibited, the policeman will not understand what kind of car it is. and write a fine.
Now the question is, do you really want this?

Serhge said:
The sticker informs the police.
Parking only for electric vehicles, another car is prohibited, the policeman will not understand what kind of car it is. and write a fine.
Now the question is, do you really want this?

This is a good point I hadn't thought about.

I'm not trying to advertise I'm in an electric. I live in Portland where electric cars are not rare. However, I have only seen 3 other i-mievs over the past few years living here.

I usually like my cars to look nice but not to draw much attention. Unlike the chrome wrapped I-miev I saw on the road last night (I think it's a user here). That one definitely stands out. Looks really cool but not what I'm going for.

Personally, I like the side graphics - it gives continuity of the two-tone design throughout the car. Could also look good with a black hood/ roof too.

If I could find a set of those decals, I'd actually add them - my all-silver car looks a bit plain IMO.

You will never get a decal sticker off in a way it can be reused - they age, stretch, can tear etc. You may also find that the clear top coat may have been effected by the glue over the years, meaning that you will have to buff the area or entire car after.

Back