Shifter Back Light

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mannyaguilar

I wonder if my i-MiEV SE (2012) has a blown light that lights up under the shifter (to see the P R D E B) or the cars just come like that, without that back lighting. If it comes like that, has anyone installed a back light?

No back light :( . The only info about shift lever position is in the instrument cluster to the left, opposite the battery gauge (and on the shifter of course). Not very convenient but you get use to it.

joev said:
No back light :( . The only info about shift lever position is in the instrument cluster to the left, opposite the battery gauge (and on the shifter of course). Not very convenient but you get use to it.

Thanks! Just what I thought but wanted to be sure. Most car have it. Maybe I will work a hack! ;)

Just a head's up.

Don't necessarily trust the position of the shifter. Always check the dash indicator.

Couldn't start my car and after much aggravation discovered that even though the shifter was in Park, the indicator was not. There is a mechanical adjustment on the left side of the transmission housing and others have suggested lubing the cable.

Honestly, I could not have told you if it was back-lit or not - Two cars, 5+ years now, we both pull it all the way back to 'B' and leave it there . . . . you know it's in the right gear because the shifter won't go any further back AND it slows down when you lift your foot off the 'go' pedal

Don

Don said:
Honestly, I could not have told you if it was back-lit or not - Two cars, 5+ years now, we both pull it all the way back to 'B' and leave it there . . . . you know it's in the right gear because the shifter won't go any further back AND it slows down when you lift your foot off the 'go' pedal

Don

Wait, wait, you don't drive in eco? You drive in B all the time? I though B was only for driving down hill. I guess you can tell I've had my i-MiEV for only 2 weeks!

veimi said:
Just a head's up.

Don't necessarily trust the position of the shifter. Always check the dash indicator.

Couldn't start my car and after much aggravation discovered that even though the shifter was in Park, the indicator was not. There is a mechanical adjustment on the left side of the transmission housing and others have suggested lubing the cable.

Thanks for the heads up!

mannyaguilar said:
Wait, wait, you don't drive in eco? You drive in B all the time? I though B was only for driving down hill. I guess you can tell I've had my i-MiEV for only 2 weeks!
We have more than 50,000 miles driving only in B mode. Once you get used to the 'one pedal' concept, it gives you the greatest range. Anytime you use friction braking, you're wasting watts of 'go power'

Don

Don said:
mannyaguilar said:
We have more than 50,000 miles driving only in B mode. Once you get used to the 'one pedal' concept, it gives you the greatest range. Anytime you use friction braking, you're wasting watts of 'go power'

Don

I'll give it a try!

Back