Can I plug in but not charge?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradleydavidgood777

Hi,

As it gets colder, I am thinking that there are times that i would want to plug in at home, so that I can turn on the heat or defrost in the morning.

But when I plug can I stop the car from charging? Because often I have enough charge already to get to work where I charge for free, so i don't want to charge over night.

I know I can use the remote to end charging, but this only allows me to stop charging in .5 hours.

Is there any other way to plug in and stop charging immediately?

Thanks for your help!

2017 I-Miev ES

You could plug it in and delay the start charging until 1/2 an hour before you depart in the morning. This way you could engage the
preheating/cooling just before you leave.

Set the delay start timer (first one when you turn the remote on) for 19.5 hours. If you have a fairly regular schedule, this should prevent charging while still allowing pre-conditioning.

Plug in, turn on remote, hit left arrow once, press send. The car will temporarily charge for about 15 seconds, but should then stop. The timer may vary from day to day. This is because when you initially set a timer, it actually calculates the time of day based on current time and the hours you entered as a delay. So, if you initially set a 5-hour delay at 5 PM on Monday, it will show 4 hours on Tuesday if you plug in at 6 PM (both days starting charge at 10 PM).

You could put a timer on the input of the EVSE, set to turn on shortly before you want to pre-heat in the morning

Don

Back