Interesting EV Article

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/the-worst-thing-about-electric-cars-might-not-be-an-issue-for-much-longer/ar-AAnHvUT?li=AA4Zoy&ocid=spartanntp&pfr=1

Don

Not bad, though I want to reply to the comment about industry standard battery swapping (hint if someone wants to), but I can't since I don't participate in social media.

Tesla already has a swappable battery built into all their cars. They've demonstrated it shortly after the Superchargers were unveiled. Everybody preferred Superchargers over battery swapping. With the Model S being able to recover 180-200 miles in half an hour, stopping and charging just isn't an issue. Really, who wouldn't want to stop for half an hour after 4-5 hours of driving?

I don't see battery swapping ever becoming a viable option *unless* someone other than the car owners own all the batteries and the car owners are just leasing them - You buy a new EV with a new battery . . . . why in the world would you be even slightly interested in swapping your new battery for another of unknown age and condition?

Don

Back