Northern CA PGE Customer EV rebate

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbui19

I did a quick brief search and there was not a return found, so apologize if it's not been posted. For those in PGE service area, there is a current $500 rebate for owning an EV:

https://www.pge.com/en_US/residential/solar-and-vehicles/options/clean-vehicles/electric/clean-fuel-rebate-for-electric-vehicles.page?WT.mc_id=Vanity_cleanfuelrebate-ev

complete the form on line and upload a current registration. I received my check in about 4-5 weeks.

fyi

Yeah, this one showed up a few weeks ago, unexpectedly. Don't understand why, unless PG&E is using this as another way of counting EVs on their grid (for those of us who failed to tell them about all our electric cars). California is a weird state, as last year there was also talk of additionally taxing EVs for road use. I've received two OKs so far for the three submittals (two i-MiEVs and one Tesla), but the three fully-registered and insured Corbin Sparrows don't qualify because they are considered motorcycles). Go figure. Sold my third i-MiEV a month too soon... :cry:

I got mine too about a week ago. I bet the money comes from the "Public Purpose Plan" (PPP) fund which PG&E manages. Basically we pay an extra $3 or so and the money get distributed for projects like solar systems, discounted LED light bulbs, etc. It's generally a good cause and I believe they're managing the fund super well right now. :mrgreen:

Back