rkarl89203

Re: Annual Battery Calibration check $130.00?

Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:44 am

Hi, OP here...
Weird that others have had this upselling issue also. Once again, this is unsettling, especially just before our route 66 adventure in a couple of weeks.
They DID relent on the 'customer declined needed repairs" issue.
But they still maintain that the part for the seat heater repair is months away. Would have been nice to have it for our trip.
We will be stopping where we bought the car (Bloomington IL) on one of the first days of the trip so we will see what THEY think.
Not impressed with the Elgin IL dealership. Very inclined to send the aforementioned letter just before we leave anyways. Customers should be treated with a minimum of respect, IMHO.

Don
Site Moderator

Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:58 am

Most dealerships live and die on the money brought in by the service department - Likely one reason some Mitsu dealerships opted not to mess with EV's at all. They just don't require enough 'service' to be profitable

. . . . and then, sadly, there are always those who will do or say anything to make a buck

Don
2012 iMiEV SE Premium, White
2012 iMiEV SE Premium, Raspberry Metallic
2012 iMiEV SE, White
2017 Chevy Volt Premier
2014 Ford Transit Connect XLT SWB wagon

rkarl89203

Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:40 pm

But guess what?
They have been bugging me all weekend to trade in my imiev to get me to buy a Mirage.
Seriously.
4 separate emails from them offering me 110% of blue book on the imiev for trade and a 'lifelong powertrain warranty. '
I sent them a blunt email saying under no circumstances would I buy a car from them, period.
The upselling of unneeded services, their inability to fix my seat heater.
No way.
They will never touch my car again.
Nor will they sell me a gas car.
Sheesh.

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”