Don't Forget That It's Possible to Disable the Traction Control System!

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

veimi

I was driving up a steep hill during our first bad winter storm and had to stop behind traffic.

A snow plow crew had been shoveling snow onto the street and when the traffic had started moving, I became stuck, both forward and backward.

The crew took pity on me (likely because it was partly their fault) and gave me a push.

What I realized in hindsight afterward was that the I-miEV has a traction control disable switch and I feel certain that had I been more on my toes this would have been a non issue.

I also own a smartcar with a similar stability system, but it has no disable switch.

Yep, good reminder! Just be careful for those with less experience in snow with rear wheel drive. Probably a good idea to turn it back on once you get moving again...

Yep, used that last night. Uphill concrete driveway and slush don't go well together. A locking differential would be fantastic with its own engage button.

Back