Just checking in

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beespeckled

I'm still enjoying my 2012 iMiEv (purchased new in 2014) I've had recalls (one at least still pending to get done from last November due to my original dealer not being a Mitsu dealer anymore and having to deal with another dealer further away that doesn't seem to be interested in my business, but that is another story)

I'm still using the 120v charging. Last fall, my OEM cord failed. My original dealer was still authorized at that time and ordered a new one for me. Happily the replacement cord is the new dual plug with the 8/12 amp option. I'm really happy with the new plug :)

My only concerns w/my vehicle at this point is anxiety over whether there will be any Mitsu dealers to handle warranty issues in the next 8 years remaining of my warranty!

I still haven't tried going to Portland on a road trip yet. Reports of questionable public charging station reliability along the I-5 corridor has me pausing on this.(plus the fact that the only charging fob I own is for ChargePoint)

Have you looked at Plugshare to help with the planning?

It's a great resource and more than likely there are home stations where you could get a charge if needed.

Phximiev said:
Have you looked at Plugshare to help with the planning?

It's a great resource and more than likely there are home stations where you could get a charge if needed.

I do have the Plugshare app, thanks

Do you still have your old evse? Maybe Evse Upgrade can do something with it and have you charging on 240 volts. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ed5000 said:
Do you still have your old evse? Maybe Evse Upgrade can do something with it and have you charging on 240 volts. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I don't, they took the old cord in exchange for the new one.

This past Monday the airbag deployment warranty issue was taken care of.

Dealer frustration. I had good service the few times I had to go to my original dealer, sad that they no longer handle Mitsubishi. I dislike the alternate dealer's idea of customer service. :evil:

Last November I set an appointment with them to have the warranty issue taken care of (which entails a $6.00 bridge toll plus freeway driving and that time of year over half of my charge to get there) I get there and no more sat down when the service clerk comes to tell me they don't have the part, but they will call me when it comes in. February comes around and I still haven't heard from them so I call and the same person tries to act like they have only been employed there a short time but they will get back to me. (this was BS because I had his business card from November when I went for the appointment, that is how I was able to call him directly? not a smart customer service move) Slow forward to last week, I had a reminder from Mitsu corporate that I needed to get the airbag issue taken care of, I call the alternate dealer again, the service dept person on phone was pleasant and sets me up for appt. this Monday, I ask that she check to make sure they actually have the parts needed in stock because of the bad customer service I received in November, and by the way, this is August and I never heard back from them on this issue? She verified that they had the part. I arrive Monday morning for this appointment and the same Service (I use this loosely) Clerk is at the desk as before and as soon as I walk in the door he says, "We don't service your vehicle any longer" grrrrr :twisted: I said, "Your service dept. set the appointment up for me knowing fully what kind of vehicle this is and said the part was in stock". He had to go talk to someone to see if they could do the work. geesh.... Long story short, my daughter is in the market for her first vehicle and this dealership is crossed off the list as a suitable place to do business

The closest dealer for any warranty issues on the electric drivetrain/battery will be another 20 miles away, so I will have to go 40+ miles one way to get warranty service now. :(

The dealer I bought Bear from originally is 50 miles away. For the first year or so, I had excellent customer service. That ended when the salesman I bought the car from left that dealer. During one of my service visits (I forget what for now), the tech decided to go ahead and change the gearbox oil despite it not being necessary until 100,000 miles per the service manual. The best part is that he did it first, then told me (and the dealer subsequently charged me for it :evil: ). That was strike one.

Strikes 2 and 3 both happened during my last visit. I took it to them to get rear tires put on. I also requested that they plug the car in as I had to be back home in 2 hours. I watched as the car sat in the back for an hour and a half, not being worked on, and not plugged in. Once they finally got the tires put on, the cars sits even longer, then the tech finally comes out. (I'll admit this was my fault) He asked me if I wanted Nitrogen in all four tires. It was free, so I said yes. It took another half hour of sitting in the back, still not plugged in. They finally hook it up and refill all four tires with nitrogen. They take the car over to run their checks, and finally plug it in for about 15 minutes while he does that. The bring the car out as it's finally done. First thing I do is drive it outside and plug it in, then go take care of business. (that was strike two, not plugging it into the vacant charging station in the garage while it was queued for work despite my request and them saying OK.) Strike 3, I go to pay for the over-priced Dunlops that only the dealers in my area can get. I use the same checks I use to make the car payments, their system denies it. OK, might be a malfunction. I void that check and write a new one. That's rejected, too. :evil: I called customer support for their check system, and they more or less said my checks were bad. I informed them that they are good enough for MMCA to accept them and that my account has more than enough to cover the bill. That call was no help. I didn't have $500 in cash on me, and I didn't have a credit card at the time (tire prices were reduced from warranty claim), but luckily I did have my ATM card. Thankfully, it worked. So, after all of that, I'm now late, and the car doesn't have enough charge to get home, so there I sit for another two hours (I've now spent 4+ hours at the dealer) charging.

I now use a closer dealer. The first call to them was out of necessity as my battery was failing and I couldn't make it to any other dealers (by the time of my appointment, it took two charges to even get to this dealer). While their salesmen initially turned me away from this dealer, their service department has treated me pretty well (even letting me go in the back and take some pictures of the car with the battery out). When first looking at the i-MiEV, I went to this dealer, and they proceeded to try to talk me out of ordering a car with quick charge while telling me I can't take a longer test drive without a credit check.

Gotta love dealers, right? :lol: Glad you finally got everything taken care of.

I *wish* I had dealer problems!!

The one I bought the car from closed. Next closest one is Koby Mitsubishi in Mobile Alabama, but they don't service iMiEV's. Closest one who does is in Pensacola, 110 miles away

Don

Back