Window glass replacement

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lithim

Has anyone replaced window glass in their car?
I'm curious about availability of the glass itself.
Local Mitsubishi dealer indicated it will have to be ordered from California but I was wondering if anyone had experience with a local source.
Passenger rear door window was smashed.
Thanks

No experience, but Safelite or someone similar should be able to help you out.

A local glass company was able to replace the Cavalier's windshield after being chipped by a salt truck.

I have a cracked windshield, from a rock strike. I am in Northern CA and have gotten quotes ranging between $400-$700, unfortunately I don't have insurance coverage. I have trying taping and crazy glue to slow the spread, but the crack grows if I forgot to leave a window partially down when parked during warm sunny days. Apparently the pressure builds up sufficient and there must not be pressure relief openings. Most vehicles have flaps in the rear side panels and the iMiev probably doesn't have them.

The I-MiEV has pressure relief valves in the rear by the taillights. In a tightly sealed car you can hardly close the doors or the rear hatch without them. I would expect a pressure spike when you shut the door even with the vents. Might be just the heat from the sun on the exterior along with the interior temps with the windows closed that are stressing the glass to continue to fracture.

Back