Actual width including folded mirrors please?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blownb310

I am organizing an indoor EV display in the lobby of a movie theater on the 26th and I need to know what the actual distance is between the folded mirrors on a US spec i-Miev please. I have found a spec online, of 62.4" but I don't believe that the mirrors are included in that measurement. Can someone please take this measurement for me? I'm thinking you'd need two tall sticks [broomsticks] and a tape measure. Thanks, Mike

I just did these measurements, but I can't quite remember :lol: . I believe it was 75" with the mirrors folded out.

With mirrors folded in and wheels straight (turned, they protrude out further than the mirrors, eyeballing) I measured 67-1/8" (170.5cm) between a couple of pvc pipes taped to the mirrors and set vertical with a level. Good luck!

Edit: Just double-checked it with wife holding the tape measure and it's closer to 67-1/4" (170.8cm)

Joe, thank you very much for taking the time to measure it. The doorway in the theater is 64" so unfortunately, I have to rule out the i-Miev then. I had a guest wanting to bring one, but at this point the only EV that will fit is the Smart ED.

Thanks again!

Mike

If you feel like removing pieces, you could try removing the mirrors to get it through the door. Probably more trouble than it's worth, but there is a small trim piece covering the two bolts that hold the mirror on. This trim piece is on the inside of the door, above the door handle. There's not much extra wire, but maybe just enough to swing the mirror assemblies out of the way.

Pop the top of the trim piece out, slide it up, then pop the middle out. To put it back in, slide the bottom into the slot and push the middle and top back in.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tbhagc4t1vyfieu/AACbgcXvnuefVVSHtMCGhYJ4a?dl=0

Thank you for that. :)

Do all i-Mievs have power mirrors? This one has steel wheels so maybe it has manual mirrors without wires?

Nope. All i-MiEVs have power mirrors. If you have the cold weather package or quick charge package on your ES, then you also have heated mirrors. I've even seen some world version i-MiEVs with power folding mirrors.

The controls are down low on the left, above the ASC off button.

Back