Wiper Spray Direction (washer fluid)

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigger19687

Have you changed what direction your Wiper Washer Spray goes onto your Windshield ?

I have moved mine a bit, but now that Winter should hit any day I am wondering if I need to move it.
I am in Boston, and took off the Passenger Wiper and will not put it back on unless it proves to be really needed in Snow.
I moved the spray pattern last Fall/Summer and found out that there are 4 sprayers on the Drivers arm !
I had to refill the fluid after playing with this and my shirt as I got a little off in my direction :)

Mine spray, 2 in the middle and 2 toward the bottom. Worked so far and I have just been lazy and not moved them a little higher but may this weekend. One is stuck, so I have to play with it a little more. They are hard to see and move or at least mine are.

Anyone want to share where theirs sprays ?

tags- windshield, washer fluid, wind screen, wipers - to help when people search ;)

After a year of owner this car I finally decided to change the spray pattern.

At highway speeds the spray pattern is quite acceptable covering the windscreen with wash fluid, but it's terrible if you're going less than 70 kph.

Spray # 1 (the one at the bottom) = angled towards wiper blade and aimed slightly higher (less strainght towards glass).

Spray # 2 (the second one In the middle) = was pointing towards upper two nozzles so I angled it down and less towards windscreen (I found the first two nozzle to shoot straight towards the windscreen, angle them away slightly seems to help spread the wash fluid out at slow speeds.

Spray # 3, 4 (the two Top ones) = the nozzle on the hood side is pointed slightly away from the wiper blade and point less towards windscreen, the nozzle on the roof side points less toward wiper blade.

I now get better coverage at both slow and highway speeds (no more gaps at bottom of windscreen) which I found annoying.

Brian

tigger19687 said:
Have you changed what direction your Wiper Washer Spray goes onto your Windshield ?

Anyone want to share where theirs sprays ?
You know, I'm not really sure. I am sure in 5 years of ownership, we must have used them a time or two, but I can't recall when - I'll have to ask Carolyn if she's used them. I do know in 5 years I've never added any fluid to either of the cars. I keep the windshield clean as it's even more important with these cars than a 'regular' car as the defrost function doesn't work as well and any film at all on the glass can make it had to see when the humidity and temp are just right

I guess I should go out and see *if* they squirt, and *where* they squirt - Sounds like a good 'project' for tomorrow . . . . or maybe early (or late) next week . . . . or next month! :lol:

Don

Don you're a lucky man if you don't have to fill the tiny washer fluid bottle.

Montreal has sloppy winters and I must fill the the washer bottle everynight.

We have -49 fluid available at our local Canadian Tire store and I can clear the front window with little defrost air blowing to the windscreen - it also does a terrific job of clearing ice and snow and it actually repels water too.

The regular stuff just freezes and streaks.

Brian

Can someone give me quick idiot's education on HOW one changes the spray?
Mine squirts the lower one third more or less...misses middle of the wiper sweep.
Would love to adjust it.

BTW... At first brief glance seems like nozzles are part of the wiper itself. Means we can change the rubber but never toss the whole blade assembly unless we want to pay some outrageous replacement cost at Mitsubishi dealer?
Right?

Alex

The nozzle is on a ball - You stick a needle in the hole and it will swivel to wherever you need it

Even without the hose, the wiper arms are pretty much one of a kind and would be expensive the change, no doubt. Luckily, the windshield is fairly flat so they should last a long time . . . . even longer if you keep it garaged

Don

Actually after I posted 'the answer' I had to run out to the car with a needle and see if it was actually true! :lol:

Every car I've seen over the past 25 years or so has used the balls to aim the wiper streams but once I wrote that I realized I wasn't so sure about the newer ones which have the nozzles as part of the wiper arms - I had to hustle in case a retraction was needed :roll:

Don

Back