Why not leave the owner's manuals in the car?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiev

Wonder who the a55hole is that is selling all the miev owner's manuals on ebay--looks like someone takes them out and sell the cars, then turn around and sell the manuals back to the duped buyers? Scumbag...

It seems one or two sellers parted out a raspberry i-MiEV, but they aren't selling manuals.

I agree, that's lousy.

I remember a 'conspiracy investigation' article in one of the automotive magazines many years ago. Back then, every car came with a bumper jack, yet when you went looking for one in a wrecking yard, no car there still had one in the trunk - Where'd they all go? Who needed an extra bumper jack? Literally millions of them seemed to have gone missing :roll:

As a general rule, I don't keep my owners manual in the car - I keep it next to my recliner in the living room, since that's where I read it most of the time . . . . if it stayed in the car, likely I wouldn't read it at all. Same for the remote - It's not in the car . . . . it's in the house, which might explain why it's not included in many of the used iMiEV's that we see for sale. The owners manual and the remote are missing because no one thought to get them out of the house when they traded the car

Don

My C-Zero didn't even come with a manual. Just a cardboard fold-out with very basic usage instructions. LIke a quick guide.

The service booklet, now that's another thing. Much more valuable, as it contains the stamps for done service. Not that the car has had much. Just a single check at 3 years.

You should ask a question on those ebay listings.... like

Gee, can't that just be look at on line ?

Who looks at the Owners manual anyway ?

This is a 'Plug & Play' car, why need a manual ?

LOL

Mine did not come with that or the remote :( But so far I am managing VERY well.

BUT, as a side note. I have the owners manual in Both the Pick up and SUV. Saved me from having a tow once.

I am even including it in the SUV as I am donating it, even though I know that they will be junking the car, or who ever buys it will use it for parts.

When I sell a 'working drive-able' car, I include everything, list of all work done, even with all the receipts if they want. I am not worried about them stealing my identity it is blacked out if really that important.

Back