DutchBrad

New owner in West Michigan!

Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:50 pm

2012 SE Premium - only 2550 miles on it!! I go pick up this car Tuesday. Also has the rear park assist sensors, cargo package and wheel locks! Picked it up for $8200 out the door (6% sales tax). SUPER HAPPY! :D

Pictures:

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx66 ... nqsys2.jpg
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx66 ... 6kktfk.jpg
DutchBrad
Labrador Black Pearl SE Premium

Don
Site Moderator

Re: New owner in West Michigan!

Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:59 pm

Welcome to the forum!

Heck of a buy!! - That car had a sticker of near $35K when it was new. We bought a similar one (SE Premium with 3900 miles for $8700) about 6 months ago . . . . just to keep our original SE company

Don
2012 iMiEV SE Premium, White
2012 iMiEV SE Premium, Raspberry Metallic
2012 iMiEV SE, White
2017 Chevy Volt Premier
2014 Ford Transit Connect XLT SWB wagon
2006 Itasca Navion Sprinter Motor Home

DutchBrad

Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:07 pm

When I look on the Mitsubishi website, it says the 3/36 warranty goes through 3/29/17?? That means this car was put in service in 2014? All the warranty coverage's date back to a 2014 in service date. Does the 2nd owner get all the original warranty coverage?
DutchBrad

Don
Site Moderator

Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:33 pm

Yes, I believe that's correct - The warranty does transfer o subsequent owners. Our second car still has the factory warranty until January

Don
2012 iMiEV SE Premium, White
2012 iMiEV SE Premium, Raspberry Metallic
2012 iMiEV SE, White
2017 Chevy Volt Premier
2014 Ford Transit Connect XLT SWB wagon
2006 Itasca Navion Sprinter Motor Home

BenBrown

Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:21 pm

Yeah!!! Another West Michigan owner!!! Congratulations!!! The very best to you... if you are not too far from Kalamazoo, perhaps we can meet... I occasionally go to Grand Rapids...

Ben Brown

DutchBrad

Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:53 pm

Ben - we could meet sometime. I want some time to get to know the car and the range I can expect. Starting out with range anxiety already! LOL. Most of my driving will be in Holland, I work only 5 miles from home. But I want to slowly learn how to hypermile and extend the range. My Dutch gene is pushing me in that direction!! LOL

i cannot wait until Tuesday, I pick up the car that day. Have a 500 mile round trip to El Paso, IL to pick it up. Sounds like Normal, IL is quite the EV hotbed..... El Paso, IL is around 20 miles north of Normal.

DutchBrad
DutchBrad

BenBrown

Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:29 pm

Brad... THE best source for info on your car is on this forum and among your manuals. Range anxiety is human...based largely on not knowing what to expect, but its not an eternal monster waiting for you each time you drive. I have found I can often use my range as an asset... but that is another post for another day...

Joe and others on the forum have written some good info for getting comfortable with your range and charging... Even so... people do have their own learning style. Myself I understood forum advice much easier when I was keeping a careful journal the first couple of weeks...

I continue to learn things almost everytime I come to the forum to make driving a progressively better experience...

Don't wait until you are perfect until we meet.. I'm excited for you and would love to look at the car... VERY cool car!!!

Ben...

DutchBrad wrote:I want some time to get to know the car and the range I can expect. Starting out with range anxiety already! LOL. But I want to slowly learn how to hypermile and extend the range.

i cannot wait until Tuesday, I pick up the car that day. Have a 500 mile round trip to El Paso, IL to pick it up. Sounds like Normal, IL is quite the EV hotbed..... El Paso, IL is around 20 miles north of Normal.

DutchBrad

wmcbrine

Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:01 pm

BenBrown wrote:I have found I can often use my range as an asset... but that is another post for another day...

This I gotta hear.

ed5000

Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:22 pm

DutchBrad wrote:i cannot wait until Tuesday, I pick up the car that day. Have a 500 mile round trip to El Paso, IL to pick it up. Sounds like Normal, IL is quite the EV hotbed..... El Paso, IL is around 20 miles north of Normal.

DutchBrad

That's interesting because my car was originally from Normal, IL. It's a 2012 silver ES that had 2000 miles when I found it on a lot here in Northern California. How it got way out here I haven't a clue but I'm glad to have it.
2012 ES, Cool Metalic Silver, no quick charge, no fog lights and no navi but a cold weather package for when it gets 13 below, wait - it never gets that cold here.
"Silver Shadow"

rgalvinmi

Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:15 am

Welcome to the forum fellow Michigander! Bob in Port Huron. Enjoy your GREAT deal!

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”