Is the AC Compressor covered by the 3 or 5 year warranty?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roflwaffle

I'm guessing the 3 year, but... The battery management unit is listed under the powertrain, and I would think that anything tied to thermal management is also covered. Has anyone had any experience replacing these under the factory warranty outside of 3 years/36k miles?

Only the powertrain and the restraint system are covered for 5 years. Pretty sure the A/C system is under the 3 year bumper to bumper warranty, though it's odd that the A/C Refrigerant Charge warranty is only for 12 months, 12,000 miles

I think we had one member who actually had an A/C failure near the 36 month point and he was very lucky that it was covered - The 'fix' would have been very expensive!

Don

According to the manual, it appears that the AC is covered under the 3-year new vehicle warranty. The behavior of the car, however, has shown evidence of charging issues if there is a problem with the AC compressor.

But then again, on the latest service visit paperwork for a few owners so far, it was stated that the battery warranty was extended to 10 years/100,000 miles. Everything I've seen still indicates 8 years/100,000 miles.

According to my dealer the compressor is covered for three years.

Does anyone have any details about charger problems with no ac ? Is this with L2 or L3 ?

If the car won't charge without ac on L2 then the ac should be considered part of the drive train as far as I'm concerned.

Don.....

Back