Winning Converts to electric drive.

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jray3

I got a great surprise this morning. My 75 year-old father-in-law is with us for another extended visit. He comes without a car and EVer since we got the i-MiEV, he'd preferred driving our minivan due to the familiarity factor. This is a gent who always redlines his engine during startup and has a couple of other counterproductive driving habits formed long ago...

Today he asked to use the 'little car' to go fishing, and claims he's liked it better for a while now, he just didn't like getting blasted by my radio settings and couldn't figure out the backwards wiper controls..... Besides, the i enables him to sneak up on the fish. :mrgreen:

Good job! I've tried to convert some of my friends and family, but so far they tell me with a smirk on their face that if they ever need a golf cart they will consider the i-MiEV. When I offered my brother-in-law a test drive, he declined, told me he already drives one whenever he goes golfing.

HParkEV said:
Good job! I've tried to convert some of my friends and family, but so far they tell me with a smirk on their face that if they ever need a golf cart they will consider the i-MiEV. When I offered my brother-in-law a test drive, he declined, told me he already drives one whenever he goes golfing.
Such wits. And in turn, you can smirk as you dust them coming off a red light as they're on their way to put $100 of gas in their SUV. Just an all-around smirkfest - such fun!

Back