2014 I MIEV PRODUCTION

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lithim

The Mitsubishi dealers in the Houston area appear to be limited to one car each. I have heard that the 2014 production run is very limited and Mitsubishi is basically using up the balance of its parts inventory before a new and improved 2015 model is released.
What has anyone else heard?

2012, ES, Silver with QC
Leased

So, going by that, could the US blue version actually be the Canadian model? Just parts leftover in that color? Anybody have a chance to park a US blue and a Canadian blue next to each other and compare the color?

I wonder if the 2015 will be based on the i, or if it will be their new world car.

Mitsubishi has been quiet enough, it would seem that your statement is accurate.

The closest 2014's to me are in Columbus, Ohio. The dealer has 2, a white and a black, though I bet it's one at each lot, since they have two lots.

Our local dealer in Fort Collins Colorado is horse trading with other dealers in Co and the western states to get as many or their iMiev as possible. Once they all land, she may have the largest selection on the continant. :eek:

Yee Haa!

Lithim said:
I have heard that the 2014 production run is very limited and Mitsubishi is basically using up the balance of its parts inventory before a new and improved 2015 model is released.
What has anyone else heard?

EVery time Mitsubishi does something to make me optimistic, like a big price drop and 're-introduction', then this forum comes up with some intel to get me down..... If it simply turns out to be another inventory disposal sale, so much for the InsideEVs prognostication that Mitsubishi will be able to sell all they can make at the lower price point.

OldGeek said:
Our local dealer in Fort Collins Colorado is horse trading with other dealers in Co and the western states to get as many or their iMiev as possible. Once they all land, she may have the largest selection on the continant. :eek:
I'm betting the largest selection will (again) be in Normal Illinois
cars.jpg

Don

If Mitsubishi wants to get rid of their 2014s, I'll be happy to lease another one at the same $69/month as my current one! Hell, I'll even lease it for $99/month since it has the SE-level goodies now.

Lithim said:
I have heard that the 2014 production run is very limited and Mitsubishi is basically using up the balance of its parts inventory before a new and improved 2015 model is released.
This was what I was afraid of, that the 2014 "re-launch" would just be a slightly more structured (and I guess more fair) version of 2013's fire sale, making this the best EV deal you can't get - and you can't get it nationwide!

This also explains a comment made by a salesman on another thread that there was a 5-month fulfillment time on orders. How that was possible for a car that only sold 1000 units its first year really puzzled me. I'm less confused but sadder :cry: now.

I don't expect there will be any 2015 model if they really are looking to clean out parts and free up manufacturing capacity by blowing out the last of the i-MiEVs. I'd be surprised if the BEV version of the new Mitsu/Nissan world car is ready before MY 2017 (though on the automotive marketing calendar that could be less than two years away). Put that together with the latest delays in bringing the Outlander PHEV to the U.S. (some nonsense about CARB requiring all new PHEVs to include battery capacity/condition monitoring - nice break for Chevy, Ford, and BMW, huh?), and for 2015 MMNA could be in the unenviable position of having a parent company trumpeting the virtues of electrification while sending them exactly zero plug-in vehicles to sell.

These guys just make me want to cry.

Don't know about that.
was at the dealership last week in elgin, Illinois. They have one 2014 blue one....and are getting two more next week.
So YMMV.....
the manager there said lease deals and adverts to start 1 June.

I have found that some dealers embrace the iMiev, and some shun it. MMNA knows this and I bet they ship cars to the dealers that have a track record of selling them. I don't think this car does well in the middle of Kansas where a simple trip to the store can be 60 miles round trip.

I bought mine from Bell Mitsubishi in NJ back in May 2012... About 6 months later I was in for the brake recall and my salesman said they flew out of the showroom. He said they sold 30 of them that month.

Back