Need Mitsubishi iMiEV in Portland OR - 2-4 weeks, will pay

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beko

Hi iMiEV owners - I work for EV software & services company Recargo (makers of PlugShare, among other apps), and we're looking to borrow an iMiEV in or around Portland OR from a friendly iMiEVer, as soon as possible and lasting 2-4 weeks total. We can compensate at rental rates plus provide a replacement vehicle for the willing lender. The vehicle is needed to test some OBD port hardware, and we can provide full insurance for use. Please get in touch via [email protected] if you're interested. Thanks for reading!

Why suffer through Pacific Northwest winter weather when you could enjoy Honolulu for your OBD port hardware testing using my i-MiEV? :) Hopefully, your OBD port hardware might eventually be used with an iOS app that could monitor the inner workings of an i-MiEV.

Thanks alohart - wish we could! If you know anyone currently suffering that winter weather and willing to share their iMiEV, please pass them on to us.

I hosted a ReCargo designer yesterday, who tested their prototype device on my car. Hope the following ain't top secret, but it's a nice little Vehicle-to-Grid OBDII dongle that could turn the onboard charger off (and back on) as a load-shedding strategy for grid management and TOU metering. :) They'll be fleet testing with the 50 iMiEVs that the city of San Jose purchased, since there's no Time-Of-Use metering or similarly interested EV fleet around here.

jray3 said:
I hosted a ReCargo designer yesterday, who tested their prototype device on my car. Hope the following ain't top secret, but it's a nice little Vehicle-to-Grid OBDII dongle that could turn the onboard charger off (and back on) as a load-shedding strategy for grid management and TOU metering. :) They'll be fleet testing with the 50 iMiEVs that the city of San Jose purchased, since there's no Time-Of-Use metering or similarly interested EV fleet around here.

That's really interesting. How many places in the country have TOU metering? Does the device establish a bi-directional link or is it only receiving information via broadcast? When can I test one out?!

Back