New owner near NYC

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benswing

Hello! Today I picked up my Raspberry iMIEV ES from Bell Mitsubishi. I live in Montclair, NJ just outside of NYC but plan to drive into the city frequently (34 mile roundtrip).

So far I have put 8,500+ miles on electric motorcycles and it is exciting to finally be able to afford an electric car! My car is a lease for 2 years and now my vehicles are 100% electric. Looking forward to being part of the crew around here.

Congrats. I got a raspberry from Bell last May. I am also near NYC. So far it is not a lemon. Seriously. I find the car to be great in the city/suburban setting. I traveled a bit farther to them to buy because they seemed more knowledgeable about the car, and so far the two trips I have made for service were handled perfectly by them.

Awesome! I think you're really gonna love you're i-MiEV! It's such a great little city car, my wife and I absolutely love it. Parks easily, rides well, NO GAS! We drive around on the weekends together just for fun. Who does that anymore? i-MiEV'ers! That's who!

WELCOME benswing!
We have you covered to the east of NYC. We have only seen one i in the wild out here on Long Island.
I here the mayor is planning to install 10,000 charging stations in NYC! Can't wait.

Thanks for the welcome! I'm looking forward to seeing more charging stations in NYC, and will probably get one for my garage soon, too. Let me know if there are any meetups or events. I love sharing info about electric vehicles.

Benswing.

I've had my i - MiEV for a year now. I love my car, but I desperately wish someone had told me about http://evseupgrade.com when I first got the car. Hands down the smartest money I ever spent.
After the upgrade, of your EVSE you can use it on both 110 and 220. Even when using it on 110, your charge times go from the 22hour to about 12-14 hours. When using 220, you've basically got a fully functional "Level 2" charger that is able to fill the battery in about 7-6 hours.

I would highly recommend you check into this upgrade right away. I would certainly try this first, BEFORE you buy/install a dedicated wall unit. You might feel it's unnecessary after this.

Welcome Benswing. I've had my MiEV since May and have no regrets. It's a great car, and this is a terrific site for information.

Tony

Back