ElectricAvenue

Re: Any I Witnesses?

Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:31 am

My wife and I were driving down the road and she holler's "Look! Another MiEV"! and turning left at the light we were at was a White "Graphics" model. I honked and the lady looked over at us and waved. My wife said she won that car when the dealership first started selling the i-MiEV's last year.
"Are we having fun yet?" Reddy Kilowatt (nah ... Zippy the Pin Head)

PV1
Site Moderator

Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:29 pm

Finally met another MiEV'er at an EV gathering a few weeks back. A silver ES, no options other than the green i tailgate vinyl. She got the sweet lease deal a few months back. Absolutely loves it.

Also had two original RAV4-EV's, two Tesla Model S, and a converted Karmann Ghia (Minddrive project). They stopped by for a demonstration while they needed repairs (was at CMU's Electric Garage in Pittsburgh, PA after over-revving their motor, trailered to the garage).

Mine's the white one on the far left, the other i is on the far side of the Teslas.
"Bear" - 2012 Diamond White Pearl ES with QC - 2/21/2013
"Koorz" - 2012 Cool Silver Metallic ES with QC - 1/5/2015
"Photon" - 2017 Bolt EV LT in Orange with QC - 7/31/2017

Solar-powered since 10/10/2013

olagon

Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:38 pm

Seeing a bunch in Honolulu. A few days ago I got in back of one down the highway while another was going up. I couldn't get all three in one shot but at the next light shot mine plus the one in front. I see Leafs ALL OVER HONOLULU.

2012 iMiev SE
Last two cars were both '95 biodiesel benz
Home & now car 100% PV powered since '09
Other car 2003 Forester...waiting to upgrade when Outlander PHEV is out :-)

Vike

Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:31 pm

Thrilled to finally add my own report - I've been driving my i for over a year in Albuquerque and until now the only other i-MiEVs I've seen were on the dealer lot. This is sort of disappointing, since I think of ABQ as being as close to perfect for EV use as it gets - mild climate (not much heater need on winter days, summers much milder than Phoenix's battery-baking inferno), compact footprint, pretty much nowhere else you need to go (you can take light rail to Santa Fe). There aren't even that many LEAFs or Volts around here, a smattering of C-Maxen (couldn't say if they were Energi, the one I saw parked wasn't).

But yesterday my wife spotted a plum i-MiEV motoring down a side street northeast of Paseo Del Norte & Wyoming (i.e., in the city's Far Northeast); she was in her Prius at the time, so no mutual recognition, alas. Still, that's near home, so a sibling sort of in the neighborhood - amazing!
2012 Silver ES w/QuickCharge+DRL/foglights, Eaton Level 2 EVSE, since 9/9/2012

Ellen8

Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:30 pm

I am new in your forum.

PV1
Site Moderator

Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:10 am

Welcome, Ellen8. Do you have an i-MiEV or interested in getting one?

My parents saw a white one cruising down the highway a while back. That puts us at 2 out of a known 3 (rumored white/blue SE nearby, haven't seen it yet.) It's almost everyday now that I see a LEAF or a Tesla Model S. :D Finally EVs are getting mainstream.
"Bear" - 2012 Diamond White Pearl ES with QC - 2/21/2013
"Koorz" - 2012 Cool Silver Metallic ES with QC - 1/5/2015
"Photon" - 2017 Bolt EV LT in Orange with QC - 7/31/2017

Solar-powered since 10/10/2013

jennrod12

Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:37 am

On Tuesday I was riding my bike on Homestead Road during the morning rush hour and looked down at Hwy 85 from the overpass and saw a white and blue i-Miev sitting in traffic in the carpool lane. Maybe it was JoeS?

When I got to Palo Alto, I saw an orange Fiat 500e! My first sighting of one of those.

Jenn
2012 Diamond White i-MiEV ES
with green racing stripes and hubcaps (thanks to WeeJohn)
Santa Clara, CA

JoeS
Site Moderator

Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:55 pm

jennrod12 wrote:On Tuesday I was riding my bike on Homestead Road during the morning rush hour and looked down at Hwy 85 from the overpass and saw a white and blue i-Miev sitting in traffic in the carpool lane. Maybe it was JoeS?
Not me, as you won't find me venturing into rush-hour traffic. Been there, done that, and one of the perks of retirement is not having to endure that - although on the rare occasion it is so wonderful to be able to drive the iMiEV solo in the HOV lane.

jennrod12 wrote:When I got to Palo Alto, I saw an orange Fiat 500e! My first sighting of one of those.
They're cute as a button - and I've also seen it around Palo Alto. Presumably Fiat has fixed the issue with the half-shafts falling off, but in perusing their forum they still have a few hiccups...

There's a raspberry iMiEV I occasionally see in Los Altos, as compared to a dozen or so Tesla S every time I go to town. Our rare i-MiEV is destined to be a collectors' item...
EVs: 2 Wht/Blu SE Prem., '13 Tesla MS85, 3 156v CorbinSparrows (2 Li-ion), 24v EcoScoot(LiFePO4)
EV Conv: 156v '86 Ram PU, 144v '65 Saab 96
Hybrids: 48v1kW bike
ICE: '88 Isuzu Trooper. Mothballed: '67 Saab (orig.owner), '76 MBZ L206D RHD RV

fjpod

Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:49 am

I've never seen another iMiev in the wild. I have seen a Leaf twice (would that be 2 Leafs or 2 Leaves? gotta ask somebody from Toronto), 2 Volts and 2 Prius plugins. I like to watch the face of the other plugin driver as they stare down my iMiev. One time the expression on a Prius plugins driver's face was as if he wanted to trade with me right on the spot. He gestured as if he wanted my car. They are different cars though. I could see having both.

Vike

Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:22 pm

fjpod wrote:I have seen a Leaf twice (would that be 2 Leafs or 2 Leaves? gotta ask somebody from Toronto)

Since they aren't on trees, they aren't leaves. Probably less of a conundrum if you write it as "LEAFs" (ignoring our forum's insistence on automatically reformatting every reference to LEAF into a hyperlink with an added space). Remember that LEAF is not technically a "name" but actually the world's lamest acronym (Leading Environmentally friendly Affordable Family vehicle).

And here you thought "Mitsubishi innovative Electric Vehicle" was weak. Ha! (okay, since it doesn't spell anything useful or pronounceable, I guess it is kinda weak :oops: , but anyway....)
2012 Silver ES w/QuickCharge+DRL/foglights, Eaton Level 2 EVSE, since 9/9/2012

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”