Electric cars are too annonymous!

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lydhig

And I have a suggestion to change that!

From the first day I saw my new car I thought it was too annonymous. Of cause it has a different design that the most of cars have but, still no one understands it is an electric car!

I think that is boring AND I think that it is important that us, EV riders, show that there are alternatives to petrol and diesel cars... And that we are using it!

Therefore I made a logo (free to use for everyone) and put on my car. If you you like it you can read more about it in the thread: http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1263

8400127576_436b9f11c1_z.jpg

8400356651_65d355a819_z_d.jpg

Do you think the same? Are EV:s too annonymous?

You're right - You'll get lots more comments and questions about the car now that you have an EV graphic on it . . . . I know we do. We had custom made graphics very similar to these OEM Mitsu ones that Tony has on his black car
RozDFh.jpg

Mine is done in gray and white so it looks better on a white car and I got them made for $75 and put them on myself . . . . I think Tony's OEM graphic cost something like $300 had had to be installed at the dealership

Don

Don, I'm interested in getting stickers like the ones you made. Can you send the information to me here, or via PM? I have the Raspberry color, so I may edit it a bit.

I really like the way this one looks!

If there's interest I can get a quote on doing a batch of stickers.

I did some fuel tank/electric chord ones and they were a few dollars each so I think the price on a larger one would be around $30.

photo-3-300x225.jpg

jennrod12 said:
Don,

I like the fade aspect of your graphics, too!

Jenn

Jenn, the "EV 100% electric" graphic is my car. It's the 3M decals you can get through Mitsu. As Don mentioned, it's pricey. Here's the website:

http://mitsubishigraphics.com/miev.php

When you go into each category of graphics (stripes, hoods, etc.) make sure you scroll down to see all the choices.

MLucas said:
:lol:

Have you seen the one where the gas pump shoots itself?

No, I'm only familiar with this style:
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=gas+pump+suicide&qpvt=gas+pump+suicide&FORM=IQFRML

All this spring weather had me out to the flea market where i discovered a booth offering customized auto decals
Sooo I bit

Here is what I came up with ..

The 4 Corners

0411213b-dfc0-4354-bae8-8c7aa6c1f0c4_zps413911ca.jpg

07ca0505-2e1e-4363-a455-0d07dfa99f1f_zpsee2323c0.jpg

d7d39b59-1c69-44cf-8521-e62b52802c01_zps491a2a03.jpg

be2a1f3f-027d-4bbb-aeb7-75b1e895dd37_zps206a2d0f.jpg

d6a897ce-17cc-4f12-88b3-12c409e38705_zps8b065259.jpg

Got my graphics on just in time for Earth Day season! A few of us EV drivers in North Jersey get together and show up at different Green/Eco fairs in the area. This will help my iMIEV stand out next to a Tesla roadster and a BMW Active-E.

17913_736875638238_263979564_n.jpg

Thanks! Actually, credit goes to Don for talking with this company to get it just right. Don has a white care, so the graphic blends in, but I think it looks nice on the Raspberry color to make it stand out a bit more.

Send an email to [email protected], and he can ship it out to you in short order.

benswing said:
Got my graphics on just in time for Earth Day season! A few of us EV drivers in North Jersey get together and show up at different Green/Eco fairs in the area. This will help my iMIEV stand out next to a Tesla roadster and a BMW Active-E.

Beautiful!

benswing said:
Thanks! Actually, credit goes to Don for talking with this company to get it just right. Don has a white care, so the graphic blends in, but I think it looks nice on the Raspberry color to make it stand out a bit more.

Send an email to [email protected], and he can ship it out to you in short order.

I had a gray set on the car for about 18 months

2890017_orig.jpg

Swapped them out for a blue set this spring - Makes me feel like I'm driving a brand new car!

2795508_orig.jpg

Previously he could only print them on white vinyl, so whatever color your stripe was, it faded away to white like my first set and Ben's but now he can do clear, so whatever color your car is the car color will show through as the stripe color fades to clear - Looks nicer, IMO, even on a white car as the color of his white vinyl wasn't a perfect match for my car's white, but now with the blue/clear set, it doesn't matter
Don

Back