Open up your delivery schedule

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mvukovich11

Open up your delivery schedule to states were the Nissan leaf is not available yet. States like Minnesota, Wisconsin etc. Be more aggressive. Sell, sell sell.

Good suggestion - I'm a little bit curious too why Mitsubishi, a company who has been building the i-Miev for a couple years and could surely ramp up production/meet demand, doesn't offer the Mitsubishi i nation wide and why it's such a slow roll out procedure.

Perhaps they're cautious that they don't flood the electric vehicle market - and slow the demand?

Maybe its the electrical grid's in locations that the EV companies are worried about. Will the flood of EVs and PHEVs cause a grid ― meltdown in some states? Many consumers are apprehensive with today's electric vehicle technology. If the market is flooded with electric vehicle's will they buy them? Maybe a few Mitsubishi orphans nation wide would be a nice deployment beginning.

imievnews, I doubt they're worried about sufficient electrical service. Numerous studies have shown that the grid has more than sufficient capacity to absorb EVs. This car only pulls 3300 Watts on a dedicated, idiot-proof Level II circuit. (Same as the Leaf, while the Focus is set for 5500W.) My clothes dryer draws over 5500 Watts! My homebuilt EV pulls a solid 4800 watts, and it's charger is the smallest of it's kind! (A PFC20 by Manzanita Micro, who makes onboard chargers from 20 to 75 amps). The level I charging is way too conservative. 8 amps when the standard circuit is 15 amps?! According to my meter, the charger is only pulling 870 Watts on 120V service. A cheap hairdryer pulls twice that. Other than a missed opportunity on charging speed, I'm quite happy with my i otherwise, so much so, that I'd prefer to upgrade from the Cool Silver ES to a model with ChaDeMo quick-charging, as construction has now begun on quickcharge stations along the I-5 corridor in Washington State. SO, while not being an orphan, I'm taking offers on my i. PM if interested..

Back