B Mode

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lief

When I'm in B or Eco mode I think it would be safe to have the brake lights turn on the sec i let go of the acc pedal. Because it slows down quite quickly for those bumper riders :eek: .

Yeah, it concerns me, too. But not having lights does allow one to see how well the person behind is paying attention :lol: . I've regen-checked several tailgaters. They usually back off a bit after that.

kiev said:
You could always just slightly press the brake pedal to get the lights on

This is what I tend to do - a very light touch of the pedal may turn the light on, but not actually brake at all.

Probably loads of laws about showing a brake light when not actually braking!

Perhaps we will have a new light colour for regen in the future - green perhaps.

It doesn't slow down any faster than downshifting with a manual transmission which I've been doing for 50 years - I do make a point of knowing when someone is riding my bumper and I keep an eye on the mirror when slowing. After a me slowing a couple times with no brakelights they usually allow me a little extra space and don't hang on my tail quite as close

We've now racked up more than 50,000 miles in our two imiev's - 99% of that's been done exclusively in B mode

Don

Yep, had a bit 'o B Mode fun just this morning. Some yahoo decided to move into the longer line at a red light in order to not get stuck behind me. Of course, I smoked all those cars across the intersection, and he switched lanes again to catch up. Regen in advance of the next red light surprised him a bit, so he moved over and started the dance all over again.
We went 3 or four rounds before he exited... :roll:

Back