What a Lousy name for the car

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlfredWAB

I can't even figure out what the proper pronunciation is suppose to be.

Is the "Mi" part suppose to be pronounced like the "Mi" part in Mitsubishi?
And the "ev" part as the actual letters like long E and then the name of the letter?
Like in "Electric" "Vehicle" but just pronounce the Letters.
Or is the "Mi" suppose to be pronounced like My?
And the "ev" with a short vowel sound and the way a "v" normally sounds in a word?
Or do you combine the "ie" just into a long E sound?

I'm looking and comparing this car to the Chevy Spark EV and Nissan Leaf.
Both much easier to have a conversation with somebody about because they have names . . . .

I think this is another example of Mitsubishi's poor marketing on this vehicle.
Like they didn't even bother to think of a good name for the car!

Well, the name of the car is ' i '. The MiEV part stands for "Mitsubishi Innovative Electric Vehicle". Put it together and get, "i-MiEV".

It is pronounced 'Eye-Meev'.

On the other hand, LEAF= Leading Environmentally-friendly Affordable Family car.

Better than Smart ED. :lol: ;)

When it comes to the most ridiculous car names of all time, I don't think Mitsu would even get an honorable mention, much less make the top ten

VW would probably have 5 or 6 of the top ten all by themselves - Consider Amarok, Golf, Jetta, Lavida, Lupo, Passat, Routan, Tiguan, Touareg, and Vento for starters - Any one of those sound like a good name for a car?? WHAT were they thinking?? Other manufacturers have come up with a doozy or two over the years, but only VW makes a habit out of it. They make some wonderful cars, but would you want to own something called a Touareg and have to try explaining where that name came from and what it means when someone innocently asks "What is it?"

iMiEV is pretty simple and easy to explain by comparison

Don

Our Seattle EVA president emeritus Steve Lough insists on calling his i "My EV" Might work as an ad slogan...

VW's names aren't all mystery- naming their SUVs after tribes of nomadic African warriors makes as much sense as anything...

In a world of R2D2, C3PO and i-phones you absolutely must have and i-MiEV or your grandchildren might lose you in a museum. With an i-MiEV nobody will notice if you dont have an i-pad or any other i-somethings.

Unable to to guess how to pronounce it - that is cool. I am glad ours has got a CHAdeMO socket as well. We dont have Tesla Superchargers close to our home yet. So that Imperial Power Socket is something to think about.

Cheers
Peter and Karin

Back