Interesting book for potential and new I-MIEV owners

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan O

My wife gave me a book for Christmas called "The Electric Car Guide Mitsubishi I-MIEV" She purchased the book from Amazon.com however I believe that you could find the book anywhere online. Even from the author on the back cover. The price was $9.99 and I found it to be well worth the purchase price. It is not only filled with facts and figures about the car but it helped me deal with my fear of the range of the vehicle and the range fixation that a lot of new owners experience. If anyone is thinking about owning an I-MIEV they should read this first. It made me realize that I made the right decision to order one. In fact I'm going to take the book by my dealer and suggest that they give one free with every I-MIEV that they sell. Below is a picture of the front and back cover. Happy Trails! Dan O

6594774371_b5d79e450c.jpg
6594781047_f29f7ab31a.jpg

Got my copy. :|
It's a thin, quick read that's 95% generic EV and environmental info, with one brief road test comparison with data versus a couple of gassers. Might be good for someone who hasn't done much other research or is still unsure about taking the EV plunge.
The owner's manual is a better investment of time IMHO, but I'll use this as a memorabilia item in Earth Day displays, car shows, etc...

Seem like if the coverage is that generic, they could have called it a Guide to EV's, added another photo or two, and thrown in some specs for the LEAF and maybe another EV, and sold a lot more copies.

I think he has one for each specific Electric Vehicle - that way a person who isn't sure about which EV to get would have to buy more than one? :)

I have discovered that he has written the book I was suggesting:
http://www.owningelectriccar.com/
So he's got all the bases covered!

Back