Interior car care

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lithim

New i-miev owner in Houston.
Add protective material (rubber ?) on floor area where the drivers left foot rests when driving. I can see where currently bare carpet will get worn and dirty quickly.

Lithim said:
New i-miev owner in Houston.
Add protective material (rubber ?) on floor area where the drivers left foot rests when driving. I can see where currently bare carpet will get worn and dirty quickly.

It should have a proper 'dead pedal' there but that is one of the cost cutting items. Just use a piece of rubber door mat or something like that and some carpet tape and it's good as if it came from the factory. ;)

The thin plastic film covering the vinyl on the interior door pull handles is peeling off on both the drivers and passengers side front doors - Anybody else experiencing this?

I'm considering asking the dealer to replace them while the car is still under the bumper to bumper warranty

Don

Don, I had the drivers door handle replaced under warranty. The dealer really didn't want to do it and had to get a OK from Mitsubishi before they could even order the part! That stuff is sprayed on, and on a couple of the handles you can see where it didn't get sprayed all the way down to the bottom of the recess you put your hand in. If you have that situation (use a flashlight to look and look for the color change) I would have it replaced. That is where the "peeling" starts and continues until it is visible.

Back