Driving in the dark!

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VBugatti

Badly need a back light for drive shifter so as to see where it is in the dark!

Big time oversight in my opinion! :?

Valentino

peterdambier said:
I do not like to look down to the floor when driving. So looking at the instrument panel is much easier. There you can always see which gear you have selected.

+1

I had to break myself of the habit of looking down at the shift selector after buying this car. There really is no need for me to do that since I have an instrument panel indicator telling me what my selection is. Now its just habit to look at my power meter and I've also have learned to feel for the right selection as well.

I agree with postings here that I quickly learned to look at my instrument cluster, not the shifter, to verify what gear I'm in. That said, I also agree that it's pretty bad that the shift selection options on the console next to the shifter are (1) unlit, and (2) on the right side, where the driver's view is blocked by the shift selector itself.

Vike said:
I agree with postings here that I quickly learned to look at my instrument cluster, not the shifter, to verify what gear I'm in. That said, I also agree that it's pretty bad that the shift selection options on the console next to the shifter are (1) unlit, and (2) on the right side, where the driver's view is blocked by the shift selector itself.
yyyyup.

Vike said:

Probably works great for rural postal delivery workers. :lol:

My wife's car, a 2000 Dodge Stratus, has non-backlit markings on the shifter as well. On the VFD in the dash, it shows which gear is selected, so I felt right at home shifting the i-MiEV and looking at the dash. Now if only it weren't so notchy...

Back